Cuckoo's Bakery

25.3.16

As it's Easter I felt a blog post dedicated to the best cupcakes I've ever had in my life was appropriate, yep, I'm talking CREME EGG GOD DAMN CUPCAKES WITH A GOOEY CENTRE. I'll back track a bit as I'm getting carried away... 



So as promised in my Edinburgh post I said I was going to review a bakery I had recently visited, I never really do foody blog posts so it's something a little diffrent. We were in Edinburgh for a long weekend and wanted to scout out some little gems, I did my fair share of 'tripadvisoring' and lots of people had mentioned how lovely Cuckoo's Bakery was so we headed along for breakfast. 

It was pretty much on our way to the Botanical Garden where we were headed for the day so that was handy. It's a relatively small little bakery with around 8 tables but was still really busy when we got there. We were lucky enough to get a table even though we hadn't booked. For breakfast we opted for the french toast with bacon and maple syrup; it was the nicest french toast I've ever eaten! So soft yet chewy too, the perfect combo with bacon. We didn't want to miss out on their cupcakes that were all on display near the till but were far too stuffed after our breakfast so we decided to get a box to take out for later that day at the gardens. The cupcakes were a revelation, they tasted as good as they looked, we got one Oreo and caramel, two Creme Eggs and one carrot cake. Luke & I were both in agreement that the Creme Egg one was definitely the best! I will be going back next time I'm in Edinburgh! 

Happy Easter Yall! 









7 comments

  1. Oh wow, they look beautiful! I have a wedding in Edinburgh in a few weeks so will definitely pay a visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my these look amazing!

    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look insane!!! I'm so far from Edinburgh though, so I'll have to make do with having a go at these myself! x

    Lorna | Lorna, literally.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow these look amazing. Can you believe we don't have creme eggs in the Netherlands?

    Eline | www.elinesreturnticket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emma can you do a post on photography tips? I WISH I could get mine looking as good as this! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cupcakes have made me droll, look so yummy. Such beautiful photography!
    www.thisisallure.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness they look incredible! Cupcakes are one of my greatest loves in life and these ones look like cupcake royalty!! x

    ReplyDelete