The Boiler Shop Steam Out

7.10.15


Last Sunday Luke and I attended the last Boiler Shop Steamer. If you don't know what that is it's basically a warehouse in Newcastle filled with an array of street food vendors, live bands and real ale stands. It has a great atmosphere and makes for a really great day out. Unfortunately it was the last one until next spring! Anyway, I thought I would include some photos from our day..






I've been to The Steamer before but always with friends and Luke had never been. I knew he would love it as we're both massive foodies if you couldn't already tell. It was the busiest I've ever seen it! The entrance queue was all the way up the street but well worth it when we got inside There was so many food stalls to choose from! All cuisines you could want. Naturally we headed straight to a pizza van that was there. The food was amazing, we opted for a blue cheese and meatball pizza called 'Blue Balls' - we didn't regret it; tasted unreal! 

As always the atmosphere was great, I love the grungy atmosphere of the warehouse with its huge windows and fairy lights. The live bands were the highlight of the day, in particular a brass band that was playing iconic film theme tunes; Star Wars never sounded better.

Overall we had a great day! We will definitely be back in Spring! Have you visited The Steamer? What did you think? 

No comments

Post a Comment