Makeup Bag Hack

6.8.15
Makeup Bag Hack

You may have seen over on my Instagram that I recently did a little bit of sewing DIY; don't let that scare you off at all as this is probably one of the simplest DIY posts you'll ever read, yet so effective. I LOVE it. 

I've noticed that finding a nice makeup bag is often a really difficult task; I want something that's the right design and also the correct shape; this I've found is hard to come by! There are so many lovely ones in Sephora but unfortunately it's still 3 months till I'm anywhere near one and I can't currently justify that international shipping, Boots and Superdrug had none I liked so I headed to Primark... I wanted something monochrome so when I spotted this beauty I knew it would be perfect, until I looked a little closer and seen they had stamped a big gold 'PS' sign on the front of it, upon further inspection I also thought it was lacking text/detail so I made it my mission to DIY it...


  • 1. I first removed the PS logo which it turned out was really easy to do; I just pulled and it came undone without doing any damage, there are a few teeny-tiny holes but nothing noticeable.

  • 2.I then outlined my text in sharpie; I chose the word 'Bonjour' due to the monochrome/Parisian theme of the bag and just because I thought it looked pretty tbh.

  • 3.I then stitched over the sharpie writing using a leather needle and black thread which I pinched from my mother.

  • Voila! 



A lovely makeup bag for £4.00 that looks unique and creative.

Let me know what you're thoughts are! Have you tried anything like this before? Any makeup bag recommendations?


You can get emails sent directly to your inbox when ever I post HERE 
FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER  |  INSTAGRAM  |  BLOGLOVIN'  |  YOUTUBE

3 comments

  1. This was such a creative thing to do and it made all the difference to the bag! x

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love DIY projects and yours came out so cute!! <3 I will try this and maybe make a pencil case or something that can hold my pens :) Finding a cute pencil case is so difficult! xx

    Jacqueline | Sail Away to Neverland ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. This worked so well, I love what you've done with it! :)

    Jess xo
    http://just-jesss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete