How To; Clean Blog Photography

14.8.15

I often get asked what I use to take my pictures with and how I get that bright clean feel to them. This isn't a wild full blown tutorial, the steps I take are honestly SO easy! As always my choice of editing is Adobe Lightroom but you can do these steps on almost any photo editing software you have, PicMonkey is just one example of a free online editor that you can use to follow these steps!




I personally hate that 'yellowy' tinge photos can have, especially if you don't have much access to natural lighting; the before photo on this particular image was taken at night with just my bedroom light so it was bound to be dull. I usually follow these quick and easy steps on each photo I edit and I love the outcome I get...

Step One: Adjust Temperature 


This is a crucial step to getting rid of the yellow tones in the picture, by dragging the temperature tool down more to a cooler level allows me to get achieve more blue tones over all giving the photo much better overall more clean and crisp feel. 

Step Two: Adjust exposure


A photograph's exposure determines how light or dark an image will appear when it's been captured by your camera. Adjusting exposure after taking the photograph allows you to have a lot more control on how light your photo is; adjusting it really helps to brighten the photo up, I just drag the slider up till I feel its light enough. 

Step Three: Adjust Contrast 


By upping the contrast it just makes everything stand out that little bit more I find. You can play around with this tool depending how strong you want the contrast to be.

And there you have it! Told you it was easy! 

There's nothing worse than an over-edited photo in my opinion so that's all I do for my blog pictures! Fairly short and sweet but I hope you've found this helpful; let me know in the comments! 



You can get emails sent directly to your inbox when ever I post HERE 
FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER  |  INSTAGRAM  |  BLOGLOVIN'  |  YOUTUBE

5 comments

  1. Thanks for the tips :) I struggle with the dreaded yellow light too.
    Gillian  xx  EyelinerFlicks

    ReplyDelete
  2. such great tips Emma :) I use adobe too and adore it. Picmonkey is also fab too though :)
    Ana | RavishingRoses

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always get a yellowish hue to my photographs due to my sheets and walls being a warmer tone of creamy white, and this was just what I needed to read! They're so simple to do too, which I love. x

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always adjust the temperature of my photos too since my photos tend to have a greenish tint! And yes I definitely agree that there's nothing worse than an over edited photo!

    yet another makeup blog

    ReplyDelete