Strobing For All Budgets

27.7.15
Strobing For All Budgets

Strobing has been a massive trend as of late and I am well and truly on the band wagon! For those of you that don't know what strobing is (out you come from underneath that rock) 'It's a fun term for highlighting, basically. Extra highlighting will give you a dewy, shimmery, more youthful glow' (quote source).  I'm loving highlighting products especially now we're in summer, although if you live in the UK it's quite difficult to notice, so I thought why not talk about my favourites. I've included a mix of drugstore and high end for all budgets. 


Topshop highlighters are renowned for being beautiful and I agree they are definitely worth the hype, I love this little pot of cream highlight, having large pores I sometimes find highlighting products can exacerbate the situation but this cream is really delicate and non-greasy; it looks gorgeous with just a few minimal dabs on the cheek bones and down your nose.

2) Maybelline Dream Lumi Concealer 

A two-in-one that I have loved for years; this is amazing for under eye concealing. It gives a really nice coverage without being cakey whilst also still adding brightness. I like to use the lightest colour in 'Ivory'; it's slightly lighter than my own foundation but it looks great when blended out.

3) YSL Touche Éclat Rock Lace Limited Edition 

A cult classic and again there's a reason for that; it's an amazing lightweight pen like concealer that does the job beautifully under eyes and on cheek bones, I LOVE the Limited Edition Lace one too! It is on the pricier side so if you want a more budget alternative the Maybelline one above^ is your friend. 

4) Benefit Whatts Up

This is something I've owned for years now, I swear this thing is never ending. I think it's just because you need so little of it. This is a cream product in a stick that works wonders when applied to cheek bones, I wear this non stop on holiday and it looks gorgeous on nights out too. 

5) Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in 'Moonstone'

Can you tell I'm a fan of cream products yet? Everything I've suggested in this list has been cream based, I find they give a much more natural effect than powders and this is my favourite of the bunch; best till last! I love to mix this with foundation or wear underneath foundation too, it's definitely worth the hefty price tag. You only need the teeny tiniest amount, I'm all out of this at the moment and really REALLY need to re-stock.

I hope you enjoyed my list! Let me know what your favourite highlighters are in the comments! 






P.S. Come stay up to date! You can get emails sent directly to your inbox when ever I post HERE 

FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER  |  INSTAGRAM  |  BLOGLOVIN'  |  YOUTUBE



6 comments

  1. I love Whatts Up, you're right, it is never ending! As I'm super pale, I think it's best for me to wear in the summer, when I have a little bit more colour!

    Lucy x
    http://shebearacharmedlife.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try the Topshop Glow, I have heard so much about it!

    Zoe Newlove Beauty Blogger & MUA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful collection, I'm really starting to get into highlighters! I'd love to try that Topshop one, it looks lovely x

    alicered.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the strobing trend at the moment too! I've always wanted to try out the Topshop highlighters and I'm reading so much about how good the Becca ones are after the release if the Champagne Pop. Personally I'm loving theBalm's Mary Lou Manizer as I find powder highlighters much easier to work with :) x
    Charlotte's Road

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post! Also, what app/editing software did you use to create the image on this post?

    Ruth // itsaruththing.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete