Balayage: The Verdict

24.7.15
(My Hair) 

You may have seen over on my Instagram I recently had my hair 'Balayaged' and I'm in LOVE! So much so I wanted to dedicate a post to it to explain briefly about what it is and my personal experience as quite a few people had asked about it...  


What is it?


"Balayage is a French word meaning to 'sweep or to paint'. It allows for a sun-kissed natural looking hair colour - similar to what nature gives us as children - with softer, less noticeable regrowth lines. The principal idea being less is more when creating soft, natural looks." (quote source


Why I love it.


The root of my hair is actually the same colour as my natural hair so the regrowth will be almost un-noticeable meaning I can just let my hair do its thing, obviously colour may fade after time but the regrowth is not half as obvious as ombre. Also the colour being painted on means the damage is much less than an all over colour. Such a natural soft effect. 


Is it suitable for all hair types/lengths? 


Yep! No matter what hair colour or length Balayage is possible (unless it's very cropped). It also works on light or dark hair, I was so envious of some of the darker hair gals. I've included some of my faves of dark and light in the post. Those caramel tones made me drool. 

Overall I'm sold! I don't think I would ever go back to ombre now, Balayage is like its cooler sister. Timeless and something I can see me sticking to for a long time.


P.S. Come stay up to date! You can get emails sent directly to your inbox when ever I post HERE 

FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER  |  INSTAGRAM  |  BLOGLOVIN'  |  YOUTUBE


5 comments

  1. I love this look so, so much and definitely prefer it to dip-dyed hair!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colour and the look! I will definitely consider it when I next get my hair done!

    Laura xx
    aviewfrom-thebalcony.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I love the balayage look as it's so natural and maintenance is so much easier compared to standard highlights!

    Katya | The Beauty Harbour

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am pretty scared of changing my hair colour and dyeing my hair but this is SUCH a pretty look! It looks so natural as well! I will definitely consider trying this out <3

    Jacqueline | Sail Away to Neverland ♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went from ombré to balayage too and will never go back! Balayage is so much more low maintenance and natural x

    ReplyDelete