Bright Lights Big City

1.6.15

If you've browsed my travel section before you will know Luke and I have a MASSIVE passion for travel...

This month, as we do around this time every year, we've started getting plans underway for our annual adventure, after travelling round quite a lot we decided this time to go back somewhere we love; we've always been those kind of people that say we would always go somewhere different each time we travelled but after loving this place so much we decided it just HAD to be visited again!

We Booked up to go back to NYC this October !!!!!!!!!!!! The picture was probably a give away to be fair...

Last time we visited we hit a lot of the typical tourist spots, this time we want to experience it like the locals, we are staying in an apartment this time round so we have the whole place to ourselves, we decided this would give us a much better feel for the city. We're located just a two minute walk from the Met Museum and Central Park on a lovely little street filled with fire escapes and stoops; it looks like something straight out of Friends. The fact we are their for Halloween also excites me so much, there are pumpkins all over the stoops on our street and even a huge Greenwich Village Halloween Parade! Eeeeeeeek. 

We've started our itinerary already; making lists, buying guide books and even downloading countdown apps - we only booked a week ago, can you tell we're excited?! We plan on fitting as much shopping and eating as we can possibly handle! We were so busy last time I feel we really neglected the restaurant scene - this time we'll have a list as long as our arms and my US beauty list is  already never ending! The excitement is too much! Sephora better be ready for me. 

Of course it's still a long way away but I will be vlogging the trip, I would love to know if you would prefer daily chatty vlogs or it all condensed into one vlog? 

You can read our previous NYC post here, it has lots of photos!

I would really love any hints, tips or things I should pick up over there. Please feel free to completely enable me in the comments!

8 comments

  1. I'm so jealous you're off to New York. I really want to go back. If you're looking for some good food try the spotted pig! I did a post about it. http://www.katiejaneonline.com/2015/03/girls-night-out-new-york.html?m=0

    Or if you're looking for something really special try The River cafe in Brooklyn. http://www.katiejaneonline.com/2015/03/the-river-cafe-brooklyn.html?m=0

    Katie x

    www.katiejaneonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fave place in the WORLD!!! I would totally agree with Katie Jane that The Spotted Pig is a must visit - their burgers and shoestring fries are to die for. Also ace are The Meatball Shop, Fornino's (delicious pizza!) and Harry's in the financial district for bottomless champagne brunch!

    Can't wait to see what you get up to!

    Sophie Cliff

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you are going to have such an amazing time and I can't wait to hear all about it!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went 2 year ago and completely fell in love with the place! My friend said she could totally see me living there I was so at home. I can recommend Roberta's Pizza place! They have a restaurant and also have stalls at events etc! What's better than fresh stone baked pizza in New York! Here is there facebook page:

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Robertas/432045833560720?fref=ts

    We also found an amazing tiny sushi place too, I'll have a look to see if I can find the address in my travel box and let you know! xx

    theoriginalredhead.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so exciting! I really want to visit America but I haven't had the chance to go yet, that'll be amazing!

    Lissy, lissyhayes.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would LOVE daily vlogs! I'm so interested in going to the US and it sounds amazing around that time of year, you'll have a fab time.

    Charlotte / styleaked

    ReplyDelete
  7. I fly to New York on Saturday!!
    I've never been away before let alone on a plane and im off to New York on my own haha!
    I've been doing a few posts relating to it if your interested (:
    www.throughthemirror.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahh so jealous! hope you have an amazing time, I would be counting down the days already too! definitely research restaurants to visit, I had some of the best food of my life while I was there!

    Rose and Weston x

    ReplyDelete