Beauty Sleep Aids

5.6.15
Body Shop Deep Sleep

If you follow me on Twitter and regularly see my tweets you've probably noticed that I'm always awake and you will probably see me tweeting till around 3 AM most nights; I am a TERRIBLE sleeper. Most nights I don't get to sleep anywhere from 12-3 AM so when it comes to sleep aids, remedies or anything that can help I tend to know about it. 

I've always usually looked to medication or audio books for sleep self help but until recently I had never really looked into beauty products as a way to aid a good night's sleep, why? I'm not sure. I just maybe thought these types of products were a bit faddish and wouldn't legitimately help, that is until I found these little gems...


You might have seen my raving about them before on my YouTube channel; they're from the Body Shop's Deep Sleep range....



Deep Sleep Shower Cream


I've now got into a routine with myself in which I regularly take a bath before bedtime as opposed to a shower. I have to admit I really didn't like baths and was always much more of a shower gal but now I find them the best method of relaxation before bed.  Even if I do lie awake for ages afterwards, which is usually me most nights, I feel much calmer than if I hadn't bathed. As is says on the bottle generally this product is for shower use however I've really seen the effects of using it as a bath product, I have however had the Deep Sleep Bath Float before and I find it VERY similar to the shower cream, it's just difficult to get your hands on the bath cream as it's always out of stock. It also has the most gorgeous smell! It contains chamomile, hops and milk which are the main ingredients that claim to relax you and help you maintain a restful sleep. 



Deep Sleep Peaceful Body Moisturiser


As well as bathing I've also found that using a pre-sleep body moisturiser also aids a more relaxed and calming nightly routine. The motion of massaging your skin along with the aromatic smell of the body butter is just lovely, I really look forward to this after a long day; I love most of the Body Shop's body butters anyway but if you have trouble sleeping I can't recommend this enough. On top of that it also keeps your skin so soft, soothed and hydrated. 


Deep Sleep Dreamy Pillow & Body Mist 


Out of all three of the products I've used from the Deep Sleep range I've been using I've noticed that this one ALWAYS runs out first; I spritz this on my skin before putting my pyjamas on, usually when sitting on my bed so it also leaves the scent on my sheets and it is just divine, again the smell the same as the above products is woody and herbal; the perfect scent to send you off into a slumber. I usually lie in bed after applying this listening to my audio book and I feel so relaxed with the added bonus of knowing that my skin feels soothed and moisturised.

After these three nightly rituals I also tend to end my routine with a nice cup of tea :) 

I'm not sure whether it's the routine or the products that have had a positive effect on my sleep pattern but either way I've really enjoyed using them. I would love any sleep tips or further products recommendations in the comments!



P.S. I've not that long ago started a Facebook page (here) it would mean the world to me if you could give it a like :) It means you will be notified when I post on my blog... Come stay up to date!

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Blog Lovin' | Youtube 

7 comments

  1. The deep sleep shower/bath cream sounds so dreamy! I love my baths :)

    Hannah x | hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound great - do they contain lavander at all? Lavander really stresses out my skin so I have to avoid it! x

    NINEGRANDSTUDENT: A Student Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know that the Body Shop came out with a deep sleep range :) I am all for natural sleep inducing products and will definitely keep my eyes out for these products :) I have the This Works deep sleep pillow spray which I love so it would be interesting to see how the Body Shop one compares to it <3

    Jacqueline | Sail Away to Neverland ♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was looking at the Deep Sleep Spray the other day as I've been wanting to try this "This Works" version, but this is much more affordable substitute. I actually prefer the scent of this one, as well!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm such a huge fan of The Body Shop but I didn't even notice they did this range. I will definitely be checking it out! Thanks for the recommendations!

    Heather, porcelainbeautyx

    ReplyDelete