Summer Ready

29.5.15



Can it just be summer yet?! Well even if the weather isn't pleasing my tan certainly is! I thought I would talk through some of my summer staples that I'm already using A LOT.

BRONZE


First and foremost I always find in the summer months bronze is a must, however I don't just wheel this out from July onwards I do tend to use this all year round. I love having that healthy glow look as well as a subtle contour. My favourite bronzer of the moment is the KIKO Essential Bronzer in 'Warm Melange'; first off can we just take a moment to appreciate its beautiful beautiful packaging please?! The lid also has a mirror in it (not shown on photo) which works out really handy, it also closes with two little magnets; it all feels very luxurious. But its not aaaaallll about the fancy packaging its actually a fantastic bronzer, it does have a slight shimmer to it (nothing scary or garish) so its great for achieving that summer glow!

TAN 


Confession I DETESE sun bathing; like really hate it, I find it so mind bogglingly boring and I get really hot and flustered, so you wont see me with much of a natural tan; I'm all about faking it (whilst still achieving a natural look of course), I've used the St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse for as long as I can remember, it's my favourite tan. I've dabbled in other tans but I always find nothing compares to this. It gives a gorgeous streak-free glow that doesn't smell of biscuits! I also have the Tan Enhancing Body Moisturiser and Tan Enhancing Body Polish which is great for exfoliation, I find the combination of all three keeps me glowing and naturally bronzed all year round.

OIL UP 


This Monoi de Tahiti Precious Dry Oil by Yves Rocher is the finishing touch to tanned legs, I only use this on summer holidays or special occasions but every time I have used it I have had so many compliments! I usually apply a little to my chest, legs and arms and it leaves a slight shimmer to the skin; it gives your skin that healthy summer glow and really compliments a tan. I swear this stuff makes me look about 10 shades darker than I actually am! It's crazy! I also really love the bottle, such a lovely summer product!


P.S. I've not that long ago started a Facebook page (here) it would mean the world to me if you could give it a like :) It means you will be notified when I post on my blog... Come stay up to date!



*PR Sample


7 comments

  1. The Kiko bronzer looks gorgeous. I really like a good fake tan when getting summer ready x

    www.pintsizedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really helpful post, I'm a total newbie in the world of bronzers and fake tan, so need all the guidance I can get!

    Tessa at Bramble & Thorn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This all look like amazing beauty finds! For tanning I use the St. Tropez Gradual Tan Everyday Body Lotion, but I am yet to try the mouse! Think I'll be purchasing that as my next tan. Love the look of this bronzer too, will definitely check it out next time I'm near a Kiko :) x

    Charlotte's Road // Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bronzer is just gorgeous ins't it?! I've been testing it out myself recently and I'm smitten; it's such a great way to build up a little colour without going OTT!

    Heather, porcelainbeautyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Kiko bronzer looks incredible! I got an Arbonne one for my birthday that looks the exact same!

    Charlotte / styleaked

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Kiko bronzer looks so beautiful and I can't get over the packaging!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete