New from Philosophy

5.5.15
Philosophy Product Review

I love Philosophy products as you may already know so when I heard there were a few new releases I was desperate to try them. There are two products in particular that I wanted to focus on... the 'No Reason To Hide Tinted Moisturiser' and the 'Renewed Hope In a Jar Moisturiser' ...


No Reason to Hide Moisturiser


What it is... 
‘A multitasking moisturiser that instantly evens out the look of your skin tone and texture in one simple step’. 

What it is formulated to do...
'Discover philosophy’s first multitasking moisturiser. The hydrating formula perfects the appearance of uneven areas and enhances complexion for a radiant, refreshed, healthy-looking, and smooth finish. Day after day, a dose of philosophy’s most advanced skin tone transforming ingredients will help you enjoy the freedom of a naturally beautiful complexion'. 

My Experience...
I love products that offer moisture AND improve skin tone as I struggle with redness and pigmentation because of scarring, so these claims had me very excited to give this product a go! This is a mineral based fragrance-free formula that claims to be suitable for all skin types. The shades of this product come in ‘Light’ and ‘Medium’, I mix the two to get the perfect shade for me. Upon pumping the product out (I love pump applicators so this was a bonus) I noticed that it’s a thin lightweight cream formula, what you would expect from a tinted moisturiser, once on my skin the product was easy to blend, I personally like to use this with a beauty blender. It provides a soft matte finish that leaves a little sheen on the skin; not too much though. The coverage is minimal, again what you would expect from this product. I've really enjoyed using this on my ‘none makeup days’ when I don’t  want to wear too much and if I do pop out I just add a little bit of concealer with this and I'm good to go! Very impressed.

No Reason To Hide Moisturiser 'Medium' 30ml £28.00


Renewed Hope In a Jar


What it is...
‘An advanced, lightweight, whipped moisturiser that renews skin and provides all-day hydration’. 

What it is formulated to do ...
‘This revolutionary, lightweight, whipped moisturiser is renewed and infused with a new innovation: clinically proven skin renewal technology. This ground-breaking formulation features a triple blend of alpha hydroxyl acids, three forms of hyaluronate, plus an Asian fruit extract—delivering an even longer-lasting glow and continuous hydration benefits. It refines skin’s texture while visibly improving pores and fine lines for a youthful appearance. Skin is left with soft, dewy smoothness and a re-energized healthy-looking colour and glow’. 

My experience...
Philosophy have re-vamped their entire line, this product being a renewed version of the original 'Hope In a Jar'; I loved the original but I really intensely disliked the smell, so much so that I eventually stopped using it so I was quite apprehensive about this one. Naturally the first thing I did was smell this product; yay a different scent! I would personally prefer it to be fragrance-free but hey ho. Upon using the moisturiser I found that it’s quite a lightweight creamy texture. I have dry/red patches to my skin and immediately after applying this I felt that these patches were soothed and hydrated. It contains three forms of ‘AHA’, including glycolic acid meaning that the product is also effective in exfoliating the skin too which is fantastic

Renewed Hope in a Jar 60ml £35.50

Overall I’ve really enjoyed using Philosophy’s new products! Have you given any of them a go? Let me know in the comments...

*PR Sample*

No comments

Post a Comment