Detox Time

2.5.15
Detox Water Recipe

Detox Water Recipe


Detox Water Recipe

Today I wanted to talk about something a little bit different from my usual content; recipes! The sun is shining in the North East (extreme rarity) and my dad has a BBQ on the go so I wanted to make a fresh accompaniment to along with it. I drink this ALL of the time but it always looks pretty to whip out at gatherings or picnics etc. I picked up the flask from Urban Outfitters for £12; pricey for a water bottle but it’s massive and the middle section to hold the fruit is perfect (trust me I’ve tried making this in normal water bottles and the amount of mint leaves I had stuck in my teeth wasn’t a pretty sight!) 


What I used


CucumberHelpful to stay hydrated as well as being an anti-inflammatory 
Lime The citric acid within the lime is an excellent natural fat burner 
Lemon The lemon in the recipe is great for cleaning out harmful toxins within the body as well as boosting the immune system. 
MintSweetens the drink without adding sugar as well as helping digestion 
Ice - Ice is optional but I find  if it’s extra cold it helps me to stay fuller for longer
Last step; add Water and Voila! 

You can add as much fruit of your choice as you like, pending that it that will fit in the drainer of the bottle of course and there are so many different tastes that you can create, I’m thinking about a tropical theme for my next batch; pineapples and passion fruit, not entirely sure how that one will turn out but it’s all part of the fun! This one however is my personal fave! 

Have you tried making any of your own detox waters? What are your favourites? I'm really enjoying them! 

4 comments

  1. I love detox water and your post just reminded me I should make some for myself! Like right now! :D I love putting slices of oranges in my detox water as well :) It really adds more flavour and the extra touch of Vitamin C :) xx
    Jacqueline | Sail Away to Neverland ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay glad you made one! love them! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving lifestyle posts so much at the minute! My go to is soda water, mint, lemon and a dash of elder flower cordial - divine!

    Charlotte / styleaked

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Elderflower cordial sounds amazing!!!! where do you buy it? x

      Delete