They see me rollin'

11.4.15

I came across this rather intriguing little device while I was browsing online a few weeks back, I spotted it on Cult Beauty, these 'Jade Rollers', also named 'Ying Yu Rollers', have a huge following! After reading such raved reviews online I was dying to purchase one, although I then noticed the price tag of £28.00 (disappointed face emoji), I couldn't quite bring myself to part with that much money for what appears to be a fancy mini rolling pin for my face so I went on the hunt to find a similar product...

All hail eBay! I managed to find a Jade Roller from Hong Kong for £3.99, the roller I purchased comes with two ends to it; a lager roller for the face and a smaller roller for temples and under eyes. Disclaimer though; having not tried the Cult Beauty one I can't say that it works better or worse, all I can say is they look the same and are both made from natural jade + if i'm saving £24.00 I'm a happy gal!

So a little bit more about what the product actually does and does it work? 

The Jade Roller acts as a so called 'work out for your face' claiming to help slim down the face, reduce wrinkles as well as improving blood circulation. It can also be used to massage neck, chin and eye areas. The lovely thing about this being made from Jade is that it always stays cold; it's so refreshing to roll around your eye and neck area. Jade also contains natural healing properties which help to even out skin tone and calm the skin, the smooth rolling action helps to get all of the toxins moving with the lymph nodes (very scientific I know, is it bad that I've only heard of the term lymph nodes because of Lisa Eldridge?). which in turn tone your facial muscles! To think that something so small can tone facial muscles is crazy and you don't even have to work out!

So the verdict...

To be honest I'm a a sucker for any kind of pamper products, I did think 'am I being sucked in?' 'will this really work' but I can honestly say I have noticed a difference,  I love that you can use this within your daily cleansing routine. I like to treat myself to a mini facial with this each day, even if I'm in a rush it only takes seconds, just do a few rubs on each cheek, forehead and chin.

My skin tone has also been noticeably more even. I have also struggled with sinuses problems in the past too and I've now recently noticed that my whole head feels less congested (dramatic I know but Im amazed by the results!) I like to keep my roller in the fridge and use morning and night, it instantly reduces my under eye bags and makes me feel set for the day ahead. I do feel like my cheek and jaw bones have become more pronounced since using this too but I'm not sure if thats just because I have been going to the gym lately as well. 

A little tip though, when I first bought this I got really carried away and rolled my face for hours whilst I was watching telly, my muscles actually felt worked out! So just remember gently does it!

Overall I'm highly impressed and I think for £3.99 you can't really go wrong, have you tried Jade Rollers? What's your thoughts, let me know in the comments...


5 comments

  1. This sounds like something I may have to invest in, seeing as my skin is a little...mehh!

    www.alittletwistof.co.vu

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so interesting! I've never tried something like that and it seems to be a good investment :)
    have a great day!

    itsnatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an intriguing little product! The jade element sounds refreshing and relaxing, I may just have to order myself one to see if I can have similar results to you! x

    Hannah x | hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite intrigued by this - the affordable price means I'm definitely tempted to give it a try, even if it does at first seem a little 'gimmicky'!

    Milly // Mini Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard a lot about this and it's so cool to hear that it showed a difference! For the price, it really does seem worth a try.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete