Pixi Glow Tonic; worth the hype?

25.4.15
Pixi Glow Tonic

I picked up the Pixi Glow Tonic when I was in London a few weeks back, late to the party I know, I actually used to work for Pixi years ago so I've always been a fan of their products, however I'd never tried their Glow Tonic, there had been so much hype around it though that I had to try it. I'm not usually one for skincare hypes as I love the routine I have at the moment but as I was a huge fan of the Clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner I decided I should give this a go. 

So the Pixi Glow Tonic claims to be a 'gentle yet exfoliating toner that is great to add into your everyday skin routine', it also claims to 'ensure that all traces of makeup and dirt are free from your skin along with tightening pores and getting rid of dead skin'. I like anything that cuts out excess steps in my routine and this does exactly that; acting as a toner come exfoliant thanks to the  5% Glycolic Acid inclusion (don't let that scare you off though, products that contain acid can sound terrifying but this is one of the most gentle toners I have tried). I have sensitive skin and I find this doesn't irritate me at all, the added ingredient of aloe vera I think helps to sooth the skin after the exfoliating process is completed. There are also Ginseng and Fructose within the ingredients which help to tighten and brighten your complexion. 

To use I simply apply this after my normal cleansing routine; dab a few drops of the glow tonic on some cotton pads then gently sweep over your face (avoiding eye area), unlike most toners that have exfoliating properties this can be used morning and night but I tend to just use this in my night time routine as as previously mentioned I have very sensitive skin. 

SO the verdict; does it work? Do I love it? A resounding yes! Since using this I have found my skin texture to be greatly improved, as someone with an oily t-zone yet prone to dry patches elsewhere I've found it helps to combat both of these issues, my skin seems more balanced, dry patches reduced and t-zone less oily. My skin feels so soft to touch after use along with seeing an improvement in keeping my blemishes at bay. There is only one teeny tiny gripe I have with this product and it's the smell (get ready for another really bad smell explanation), the only way I can describe the smell of this product is like a floral washing up liquid. I am however happy to ignore this considering how much I've enjoyed the skin benefits. 

Overall I can say I would definitely recommend the Pixi Glow Tonic. I will continue re-purchase this time and time again, this is now up there with my all time favourite the Clarins Liquid Exfoliant. I think liquid exfoliants are often sometimes hyped to be something they aren't however this certainly isn't one of them. 



15 comments

  1. People always recommend this to me, so I need to cave and try it soon x

    www.pintsizedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds amazing, very tempted to buy!
    Rachel Coco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth a shot Rachel, I love it x

      Delete
  3. I also adore it, it's my priciest bit of skincare but I feel it really makes a difference. I've come to adore the smell too and really associate it with sleep time! x

    NINEGRANDSTUDENT: A Student Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smell is growing on me I must admit, its been a while but I'm starting to come round lol :) x

      Delete
  4. I think I've been living under a rock because it was not long ago I found out about this toner ( fron Tati). And since then I have been really curious if it really works and if it suits my skin type which is dry. Does it works well on the very dry skin?

    Z ♥
    http://beautybyz.blogspot.se/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have dry patches as well as having an oily T-zone and it seemed to help with that, It all depends on how dry your skin is, maybe try a sample before buying <3

      Delete
  5. I've heard so many positive things about this, but always held off from purchasing it, after reading this however I think I may finally pick it up!

    Heather, porcelainbeautyx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard so much about this and it's something I've always wanted to try but it did seem almost gimmicky to me. I'm glad to hear it's actually worth the hype, though.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this product too, it took me a while but I soon began to see the benefits. I love the smell!

    Megan xo
    Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty & Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think its a slow burner, defs good once it kicks in! <3

      Delete
  8. I really must try this! I haven't seen any bad reviews, I have an oily t-zone and dry cheeks to so I'm hoping this might work for me. I might order from Cult Beauty as I know they have recently started to stock this too…haha any excuse to look on Cult Beauty hehe xx

    http://www.rinicawrites.com

    ReplyDelete