Topshop Contour Cream

31.3.15


We all like a bit of contouring don't we? Whether we save it for special occasions or contour on the daily I'm sure you've given it a go. With Kimmy K taking the contour world by storm contouring products are popping up here, there and everywhere... 

This Topshop Contour Cream is the first one I have tried, I have tried lots of powder contours but I've always been Intrigued by contour creams. Unfortunately each one I've found tends to be high end so I've always been too scared to take the plunge.

Anyway, I was strolling round Topshop and had a browse of the makeup as I always do; I'm a big fan of Topshop's lipsticks but haven't tried anything base wise (powder, foundation or concealer). I tested this contour cream in the colour 'Sweep' on the back of my hand. I found that the colour applied subtly and the cream didn't cling to my pores on my hand (I always find having skin with visible pores that sometimes cream products can make this worse) it also wasn't sticky or tacky in texture, very light and more like a powder once blended. So being pleased with the look of it I bagged it and was excited to try it the next day...

I used my Crown Contour Brush and dabbed it into the Contour Cream; it's a really soft cream so you only need the tiniest amount. It glides on skin smoothly and gives the perfect shadow colour with no orange tones in sight! I applied it to under my cheek bones, jaw line and temples. 

I think it's great for being such a budget product! Love this, Topshop you did good! Here's to Kimmy K cheekbones...

8 comments

  1. I love a good contour cream and I love that Topshop have done a more affordable version too!

    Emma & The Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good for £9! defs worth picking up x

      Delete
  2. Topshop do some amazing make up, I definitely will be picking this up x

    pintsizedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they do don't they! I'm going to the one on Oxford st tomorrow and I'm going to raid the makeup section! :) x

      Delete
  3. This looks and sounds lovely; I'm yet to try any makeup from Topshop but I think I may have to pay them a visit!

    Heather, porcelainbeautyx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Defs give them a go Heather! such good stuff <3

      Delete
  4. I've never tried Topshop makeup (too pricey) but I'm keen to give this one a go! Thanks for sharing xx

    Alice Red

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never given contouring a proper go, but this could be the go-to product to try it out! x

    Hannah x | hannatalks

    ReplyDelete