A Birthday Surprise

10.3.15

As you may have seen on my Instagram/Twitter on my birthday on the 3rd of March my lovely boyfriend Luke surprised me with a trip to Edinburgh. It's been a while since I was last in Edinburgh so there was quite a few things that I wanted to do; first stop - the Zoo! ...























After receiving my presents that morning (which mainly consisted of lots of Space NK goodies *heart eyes emoji*) we caught the train from Newcastle early morning and arrived in Edinburgh around 11AM to start exploring. I did vlog our trip which unfortunately I had major trouble editing :( for some reason the editing programme I use just doesn't like the footage from my little camera so I thought I would share some snaps with you instead. 

Most of the photos were taken at the zoo as we spent a lot of our day there, I forgot how big Edinburgh Zoo was! Even though some exhibits and areas were closed due to snow fall the previous night there was still so much to see and we were there for a good 4 hours! The weather was great too, as I mentioned it had been snowing before we arrived so it was quite cold but it was really sunny and turned out to be the perfect weather for photographs, speaking of which my camera was loving the animals and I think I got some great shots, I loved the detail in some of the animals, I only took my mini Canon vlogging camera along with me and I was SO pleased with the results of the pictures!

After the zoo we wandered around Princes Street and done some shopping, I do however think Newcastle is better for shopping, the only thing I came away with was a selfie stick (I know I caved but they're very entertaining). After browsing the length or Princes Street we went for dinner, Luke's somewhat of a Tripadvisor geek and wanted to go to a restaurant that was rated highly on there called 'Burger', I unfortunately didn't get any photos from the meal as my camera had died by this point but I really enjoyed itl, we both got burgers (shock) with home made slaw, cheese fries and milkshakes; so good! The decor inside I would described as quite 80s, very 'Saved By The Bell', but not like a diner.

Overall I had a great day and couldn't have asked for a better birthday. I also got some lovely gifts from Luke, family and friends, they all made it a fantastic birthday! 

Thank you all x

5 comments

  1. Happy Birthday :) Wow what beautiful weather you got .. those skies are gorgeous!

    Love birthday surprises and the boy did good with this one :)

    Every time I see photos of Edinburgh Zoo I want to go more and more, I really need to arrange a trip there this year!

    Chloe x
    newgirlintoon.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photography is fantastic! And it looks like you had an awesome time, he did a great job! :)

    Milly // Mini Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Emma!

    Beautiful photos and I am DYING to see what you got from Space NK.

    Alice
    blog.alicemarybarnes.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. some amazing photos as always! very jealous of your presents too!

    Rose and Weston x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The picture of the monkey/orangutan/gorilla/not sure what it is is amazing!! I'd happily pay for that

    Charlotte - styleaked

    ReplyDelete