Pore O'clock

23.2.15

Those darn pores! There's nothing worse than looking in the mirror and seeing them staring back. I attended a party celebrating Benefit's 'Porefessional' range last Saturday with my lovely friend Amy. I was lucky enough to sample some of their products...





The Night

We had a fabulous night with lots of delicious drinks and good conversation. Benefit had a makeup station at the venue at Madame Koo Newcastle where you could get your makeup done along with photo booths, music and competitions. I unfortunately didn't get any photos on the night as I thought I'd packed my camera and hadn't boooo! But I thought I'd snap a few items from the goodie bag I received. They were very generous with the gifted items which included two full size products; The Porefessional Primer and the Porefessional Powder along with a scarf, canvas bag, mouse mat, umbrella, a free makeover card, note book and a mini alarm clock! Thank you so much to Benefit for a fabulous night!


Product Reviews



I must mention I'm not a fan of primers; I much prefer to use a good moisturising base and a long lasting foundation. I always find primer tends to roll up into tiny little pieces on my skin upon application which is really annoying (I'm not sure if that's because I have oily skin?) I just haven't ever really found a primer I've been blown away with. So I gave this a go this morning and the verdict is actually surprising, I rather liked this! I don't apply it to my whole face just the cheek area, around my nose and my t-zone, it's a very similar texture to the Maybelline Baby Skin Primer but the application is much smoother and didn't give that funny rolling effect which was the first thing that impressed me. It definitely minimises my pores and leaves my skin feeling really soft, almost like a velvet feel to touch. Upon squeezing it out it is slightly tinted but that is completely unnoticeable when it blends in which I was pleased about. Having sensitive and spot prone skin I am intrigued to see how this product will work with my skin over time! I'll keep you posted...


This is quite the nifty little powder applicator, there is a mini brush stored in the bottom of the tube and a talc like applicator at the top of the tube which you then use to tap the product into and dab your brush in then tapping off the excess. I have to say the first thing I noticed with this is that I wasn't keen on the quality of the brush that came with it, it didn't seem the most amazing quality compared to Benefit's usual style but looking past that I do think it's a great product for on the go if you're just looking for something quick and easy to powder your nose with throughout the day. It's not a heavy powder which is great, it's very finally milled and doesn't give that overly matte look. It's priced at £23.50 which I do feel is quite hefty considering that you only get 7g of product, never the less if it's a powder for on the go you're after with a brush included then this may work for you.

Thanks again to Benefit for the wonderful goodie bag and for a fantastic night. They're currently offering a deal where you buy any two benefit products online you receive a free gift (HERE).What are your favourite Benefit products? Is there anything I should pick up?

3 comments

  1. Randomly found your blog and can’t express how I like it! It was so interesting to read your posts and also I’d like to say that you have beautiful photos! I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    p.s. new post - how I met Victoria Beckham http://www.dianacloudlet.com/2015/02/victoria-beckham-zip-pouch-met-victoria-beckham.html

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the zero shine powder, if feels so soft x

    owlsinthesummer.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Flawless powder by Benefit is a really nice one, if you're looking to test out more of their products! And also the That Gal Brightening primer has a pinky tone to it which is very natural and not slimy on the skin :) x


    www.chantellesarahblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete