Pamper Night with Yves Rocher

4.2.15

I'm sure we're all guilty of not taking time out for ourselves, I try to have a night at least once a week in which I have a little pamper session; having a bath and using some of my favourite products. I think it's really important to take time for yourself and unwind (with a huge cup of Earl in my case), so grab your cuppa and get pampering... 





In my pamper session this week I was trying out some new products from Yves Rocher. I have tried Yves Rocher makeup before but I was a complete newbie when it came to their skincare and bath products.

1. Run a bath 

I firstly tried their Fizzy Bath Cube; a bath is always first on my list for a pamper night. I ran a deep hot bath and added the Fizzy Cube into it, I have to say judging by the size of the cube I didn't expect much to happen - I was wrong! It fizzed away changing my whole bath water into a milky white softness. The smell was my favourite part of the cube; it's coconut scented which is right up my street, really refreshing and not too over-powering. I actually much prefer this to a bath bomb, I always feel like they are all fur coat and no knickers! This was indeed the opposite.

2. Moisturise

I always use a body moisturiser post-bath; I think it's really important to nourish your skin after a long soak, especially as I have sensitive/dehydrated skin; I never miss this step. On trial was the Organic Oats Moisturiser, I loved the little jar it came in; I like re-usable jars it will be a useful storage pot once I run out of cream. The first thing I noticed about this is that the smell of the product was quite strong, I personally wasn't keen on the smell but in terms of moisturising it does exactly what it says on the tin, it left my skin feeling silky smooth.

3. Little extras

I always usually refresh my nail polish after a bath, I like to remove my polish then re-paint once I get out, I then go on to apply a foot creams/general pedicure essentials. On this occassion I used the Anti-Fatigue Iced Foot Gel; I love cooling foot products after a pedicure, I think they really finish the job nicely. The gel left my feet feeling soothed and moisturised. This can also be taken up onto the leg area so it's a great little treat if you've been on your feet all day. 

I also like to add some hand cream just before sleeping. I'm a fan of using anti-bacterial gel on my hands throughout the day however this can often make my hands dry, especially in winter. I'm always trying new hand creams; my top drawer near my bed is like a hand cream treasure chest! In my most recent pamper session I tried the Long Lasting Moisturising Hand Cream from the Yves Rocher range, this again I noticed was subtly scented which is always a plus. It left my hands feeling so soft and not in the slightest bit greasy or over loaded with product, I even noticed the next day upon waking up how soft and replenished my hands still felt.

Lastly I put on my favourite pair of Pyjamas, lit my favourite candle (which at the moment is Baies by Diptyque) then read a book. Overall I think this was a great introduction to Yves Rocher skincare, I will definitely be trying more from their range!

What's your idea of a perfect pamper night?

2 comments

  1. Gorgeous photos! Baths are an essential for a pamper night :) x
    Elise @ Elise Dopson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pamper session! I try and have a bath every weekend, light some candles, then relax in it! Bonus points if it's raining outside :)

    Tessa at Bramble & Thorn

    ReplyDelete