My Little Energy Box

21.1.15
January My Little Box

It's that time again; my monthly subscription box arrived yesterday. Being January this box was themed around 'energy' and 'fitness', I'm trying to eat well and believe it or not I've also joined a gym so this month's box was definitely welcomed...





As always with MLB there was a mix of goodies, including three beauty items, two lifestyle items, an illustration and a MLB magazine... 

My Little Sports Bag (£10) – Firstly I'll start with my favourite from this month's box, I was fairly surprised to see a gym bag neatly folded inside, it's a pretty decent size considering the size of the box it came in. As mentioned above I've joined a gym recently so this will definitely come in handy before getting this bag I was using an old floral number that I was pretty embarrassed about ha! It's got a lovely colourful pattern on with the quote 'good energy is contagious', I really like this. 

My Little Beauty Energising Mist (£7.50) – I do love a good face mist, when I read the face mist contains vitamin c and green tea I thought what better way to detox my skin after Christmas! In fitting with the healthy theme of the box I thought this would be perfect to use when feeling tired or when I need a little boost in the mornings. I recently used it after a workout post-sauna/steam, I was excited to try it out but unfortunately when I sprayed it on my face it stung a little, this may be as I mentioned because I used the steam room about 10 mins before or the fact that I have sensitive skin, maybe both? It does say you can use this on your body though so I might just stick to that.

Talika Photo-Hydra Day Cream (£43.50) – This is the first I've heard of the brand 'Talika', I tried this on the day of receiving my box, again after the gym, as I've only tried this once I can't talk about its results long term but I can say from what I have noticed after my first use it is a very light everyday moisturiser; not greasy or heavy and sits nicely under makeup. It claims on the back of the product that it is 'the first cream to use energy from natural light' which apperently helps to penetrate lower layers of the skin and deeply moisturise. So far so good! We shall see how I get on with this one...

My Little Box 2015 Calendar (£10) – I am obsessed with stationary type items! Note books, calendars, post its etc. This little addition to January's box was so cute! I love the illustrations, it goes perfectly in my bedroom and has proven really useful so far for keeping track of daily life! 

Nails Inc. Nail Varnish in 'Tate' (£11) – I am a big fan of Nails Inc. polishes, this colour in particular I've gone through quite a few bottles of, you might have heard me mention it in a video or previous blog post. I do still have a full bottle of this so when I received this in MLB I thought hey ho it's another for when I run out. It's a gorgeous deep red that goes with everything.

Overall, I really enjoyed January's My Little Energy Box. I continue to be pleased with what MLB has to offer and I have to say I haven't been disappointed yet. I really love the mix of products you receive, they always pull it out of the bag, or shall we say box? Ha! I'll stop with the terrible jokes now. Here's to February's box! 


P.s. Want to keep up to date with posts? Did you know I now have a facebook page you can like for updates? or you can follow me on Blog Lovin'

7 comments

  1. Oh I love these boxes - been following reviews for a while now and they just keep getting better! Such good value - think this review has tipped me over the edge and I'm going to sign up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So worth it! I have given up on other monthly subscriptions but this seems to be good everytime! take the plunge ha! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks cool :) I got the Birchbox to see what they were like, might have to get one of these too haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really dig your blog. I've been reading your blog for almost half a year now and it's great to see how far you've come. Looking forward to what you post next.

    Charlie, - http://www.chxrlietottle.blogspot.co.uk (feel free to check out, Mens Fashion/Lifestyle blogger)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks Charlie, that means alot... I've been browsing your blog (super cool!) love your photography! I'll let my boyf know too he's always on the hunt for cool fashion blogs :) x

      Delete
  5. I really want to get this subscription, this Energy edition is such a good idea for a theme!
    I also love how the My Little Box subscription isn't just beauty, it's just so cute!
    I love your blog! :)
    - Jem
    Jem's Blog

    ReplyDelete