Luxury in a tub

8.1.15
La Prairie cellular radiance night cream review

I'll start by saying that for the price of this product you would expect a face lift in a pot… today I’m talking about the La Prairie Night Cellular Night Cream*. Unsurprisingly I have been using this as sparingly as possible to make it last as long as i can, it’s 100% the most luxurious cream I've ever used (it even comes with a spatula! How posh?!)… 

La Prairie cellular radiance night cream review

La Prairie cellular radiance night cream review


I feel like skincare is probably my most talked about beauty category on my blog, as much as I love makeup I think it’s so important to feel happy in your own skin, I love nothing more than makeup-free days where I still feel confident and comforted by my own skin (I know that sounds incredibly cheesy but I honestly look forward to getting home and doing my skincare).

I've tried some of La Prairie’s creams before but unfortunately they've always been sample size, although I do spend a fair bit on my skincare I've never had the mullah to splash out £438.00 for a 50ml cream so when this turned up on my door step I was ecstatic. I've been trialing this now since just before Christmas. I struggle with oily/dehydrated skin that's prone to redness and irritation so when I read that this product claims to ‘resurface skin’s texture and tone’ I was happy to put it to the test.   
So the verdict so far... 

PROS: 
I have to say I do really love using this cream, I almost wanted not to like it for the price; I wanted to save myself from getting hooked on a product that I can’t afford to buy again when I run out but If you have no qualms about how much you spend on skin care I highly recommend this. Supposedly other people have said the 50ml pot can last them up to 18months which is also a bonus. I have been loving this as a post-Christmas skin detox. Over Christmas my skin wasn't the happiest with all those chocolates I’d been putting away and this seemed to sort it right out. I use this after cleansing when I have already applied my Dr Sebagh Serum (which is also amazing; review on this to come). 
I apply this with the spatula onto my face, around about a penny sized amount and then continue to firmly massage into my face and neck. It leaves my face feeling so comfortable, I know that sounds strange but if you suffer from sensitive skin you might know what I'm talking about. It immediately hydrates my skin and leaves it feeling really soft. The scent is lovely too; a very subtle and not too over-powering smell, unlike like some night creams I've tried in the past. It’s a relatively thick cream but doesn't make me overly oily. Upon awaking it makes my skin look refreshed and super hydrated. 

CONS:

I'll start with the obvious that it is HELLISHLY expensive! I do love it for reasons outlined above but as I mentioned I don't think I could justify the price to buy this cream in full, I think to be honest even if I could afford it I would find it very difficult to part with £438.00 for a night cream. In the meantime I'm enjoying it while it lasts. As amazing as I think it is I do think there are other creams that do the same for my skin for a fraction of the price.  


Another quick note I wanted to mention is that in terms of radiance my skin has looked brighter but If you look close it has tiny little flecks of silver sparkle which I wasn't sure I was keen on, this would possibly be fine with a day cream but I felt it a bit unnecessary for a night cream, although you are paying for luxury so maybe a bit of sparkle is expected?



What do you think? Is there a limit on how much you would spend on your skincare?

5 comments

  1. Wow,that is expensive but sounds like its worth the money if you have that kind of money to spend on nice skincare products! :)
    I'm one of those people who prefer skincare products to make-up too,ive never been one to wear lots of make-up as I feel if i care for my skin properly theres no need to use much :)

    One day maybe I can treat myself to this! haha.

    Loverslost-inspace.blogspot.co.uk
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an insane amount to spend on a cream! I think id rather have a holiday..

    styleaked - Rayban giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes the money is worth it! Maybe someday when I have the courage and pocket money I'll try this!

    thebrowneyedbostonian.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know. I'm sure it's fun to try but ouch!

    Emma & The Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete