Hair Update and Routine

19.1.15
Hair Update and Routine

Well, as you probably know my hair changes like the weather, every time I change my hair I'm browsing Pinterest for the next style I want; I love to experiment with my colour and style. I've recent gone back to being a blondie with the dark roots, I think it’s a style that I always find myself going back to, either that or variations of that style...


Hair Update and Routine


After going dark before winter I realised dark hair isn't for me, I still like dark blonde on myself but very dark just makes me look pale and washed out. It’s grown out a little since my last cut and is now just at the stage of having regular trims. I really like the style and colour (for now anyway) I feel more like myself again! I tend to stick to a simple regime as I don't like to use too many products on my hair as I already have oily hair and overloading my hair with products can make it looked weighed down and limp. I stick to four essentials…
When my hair is towel dried I firstly add the Uniq One Styling Spray; this is a spray-in treatment that does 10 different things from shine and frizz control to hair colour protection and UVA/UVB filters. My hair is always smoother, silkier and healthier with a real intense shine after using this. Uniq One claims to ‘repair dry and damaged hair’, ‘add shine’ and also ‘control frizz’. It also offers heat protection and eases brushing and straightening, all in one bottle without over loading your hair or making it sticky. It makes my hair manageable (meaning I can actually get a brush through it) with a bonus of losing the frizz and looking like I haven't been dragged through a bush backwards! Ha. This especially aids the blonde in my hair as it seems to completely illuminate dead ends! Also the AMAZING coconut smell; so good! You can however get the original smell if you aren't keen on coconut but I find this seriously delightful.

Next; Batiste XXL Volumising Powder. If you have fine straight hair this is the one for you. My hair tends to stay flat to my head and as a result I have real issues getting body in to it as although I have a lot of it it’s very fine and tangles easily. This is like extreme volume for your hair in a bottle! It’s a bit of a weird one if you've never used it before as it comes out in a fine powder form which you sprinkle directly onto roots, A light shake of this powder works in texture and adds maximum volume to give your hair perfect body without back-combing! 

Lastly; Sachajuan Hair Perfume* I did an in depth review of this (here) but this is in my everyday routine now. I was sold at the fact it makes your hair smell like lychee & peaches! I also love the thought of a hair perfume, it also decreases static in your hair whilst making it smell amazing. I really did notice how much I could smell my hair after I applied this! It lasts all day and I love Sacahajuan as a brand, their hair care is always on point.
I've been enjoying my hair straight and messy at the moment so after using the above I go over the ends with my GHD straighteners (here)
What are your favourite hair care products to use in your routine?

4 comments

  1. Looove your hair like this Emma! My hair is a similar length to yours now and Ive been obsessed with the Fudge Sea Salt Spray. Not only does it work wonders is smells unreal.

    styleaked - Rayban giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you beautiful! I'm a huge fan of salt sprays, love umberto giannini one.. I haven't tried the Fudge one, will have to give it a go xx

      Delete
  2. ooo how pretty are those GHD's!! Brilliant post, and i love your youtube channel by the way!!

    www.throughthemirror.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caitlin, that means alot :) x

      Delete