Emma Griffy Turns 1!

11.1.15

Today marks a rather special day; my blog turned 1 year old! Exactly a year today I decided to write my very first post, I remember sitting nervously in my room clicking publish. I can honestly say it's been one of the best things I've ever done, so many positive things have arisen from my little corner of  the internet! I wanted to cover some of my blogging highlights...


Meeting new friends

First and foremost one of the main things my blog has brought me is friendship. As an adult you rarely get to meet people outside of your own friendship groups or circles, blogging has opened up a whole new world to me, cheesy I know, but I have met SO many lovely people I'm happy to call friends. I would never have had the opportunity to meet these people if i hadn't started my blog. It's been really refreshing to meet people you have a lot in common with but also really interesting and exciting to meet people from different areas, backgrounds and lifestyles. I love how you can hit up a blogger on Twitter and next thing you know you're off for coffee and cake (trust me every blogger I've met is up for cake). 

Cosmopolitan Blog Awards

Another highlight for me in my first year of blogging has been being nominated for a Cosmo Blog Award. I went down to London for the event where I spent the night with some of my most favourite bloggers, you can read about it here. Although I didn't win I am honestly so proud to have been nominated and the experience was amazing. 

Working with companies

This year I have worked with some of my favourite brands, never when I started my blog did I ever imagine my little page being appealing to businesses. I've been very privileged to have worked with some fantastic brands this year. I'm looking forward to seeing what this year brings!

Finding myself

Apologies for the cheesy cliche subtitle but I can honestly say that blogging has given me a chance to find myself. I have found a place to post everyday or so about things I love and have a strong passion for, in which I can incorporate my love for photography and writing (with the added bonus of people actually reading it; so thank you!) I feel like I've struck a winner with my blog, I always look forward to creating posts and genuinely really enjoy every second of it. I cant believe in the first year how incredibly welcoming the blogging community has been, everyone I have met and interacted with has been so lovely. It feels like one big blogging family! 

None of this would be possible without you (it would also be incredibly boring without you) so thank you so much. I really do appreciate each and every reader of Emma Griffy and I hope to have lots of exciting content coming your way this year. Let's hope it's as good a year as the last. 

Cheers! 

P.S. Did you know that I now have a Facebook page where you can follow all my updates? Click here to like.

10 comments

  1. Happy birthday to your blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy �� birthday Emma 's blog! What a talented girl you are you should be very proud of yourself! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congrats lovely! You deserve every ounce of the success you have made this year!
    So excited to continue to watch you grow! <3

    TutusandPearls.blogspot.con

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can not believe that you've only been blogging a year; your blog seems so much more mature and professional. Congratulations on 1 year and I can not wait to see where this space goes in the next year!

    Heather, porcelainbeautyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy blog birthday! You've come so far in just a year. x

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to a fab blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy first blog birthday Emma! Keep up the amazing work, you deserve the best

    styleaked - Rayban giveaway

    ReplyDelete