Sparkle with the Body Shop

12.12.14

It's that time of year were we all have Christmas parties or festive nights out. As you may already know I'm not usually one for colour so I can look quite morbid this time of year, I do how ever like a bit of sparkle, subtle sparkle though...


I'm going on a Christmas Afternoon Tea tomorrow with some friends and intend on glamming it up a bit and I have a few products that I'll be using to do so. I thought I'd talk about a few of them; In order to add a bit of festive sparkle to my eyes I'm going to be using the Body Shop Sparkling Black Mascara*. This is such a good alternative to sparkly eyeshadow! I like to use my usual L'oreal Telescopic to get the the length and volume in my lashes and then go over my mascara with this, it just adds tiny flecks of sparkle to the lashes without being too much, I really like the effect it gives when the light catches your eyes. Great product if you want to add just a subtle touch of sparkle to your look.

The next sparkler on my Christmas party face will be the Body Shop's Sparkler*, I discovered this product two years ago in my uni days when the 'bronze' version was around  (I think this was just in summer time), the bronzed version had orange and gold flecks of glitter. I didn't realise that they did a silver glitter version. It comes in an old fashioned perfume style bottle, you only need the tiniest amount of this, the glitter is really finely milled so you don't want to end up looking like a snowflake! I tend to use one quick spray of this onto my face, chest and legs. It adds a really nice glowing look that's perfect for the festive season. I'm also loving how the bottle looks on my dresser. 

Are there any Christmas party beauty must haves that you'd recommend?

1 comment

  1. The mascara sounds like such a beautiful effect! I definitely need to check it out.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete