My Not really new year's resolutions

31.12.14
new year's resolutions

Well new year is almost upon us! My nails are painted sparkly gold and I have my outfit laid out on my bed at the ready, one thing I don't have ready are my resolutions; I HATE the whole resolutions thing...


One of the main reasons why I dislike new year's resolutions is because in most instances we set ousrselves up for failure and quite often we set ourselves radical aims and goals that never materialise, as if somehow on new years day we are going to awake motivated/a new person. I really do take my hat off to people who stick to them but I know every time New Year's rolls around I personally don't. I've decided to do it a little differently this year... 

This year I'm challenging myself to stop doing certain things (or hopefully anyway) hence calling them 'not really new years resolutions'; I want to stop doing certain things not start. I'm taking these lightly and going to try to make small positive changes to achieve the below five things...

  • STOP beating myself up about unrealistic goals/achievements and focus on the present.
  • STOP caring what others think.
  • STOP comparing myself to others.
  • STOP spending way to much time on social media when I should be sleeping.
  • STOP trying do more and just try my best.

I hope you all have a lovely New Year. What are you doing for it? Have you made any resolutions? 

11 comments

  1. Loved this post. I try to set myself realistic mundane goals for the new year, nothing groundbreaking (we all know I won't be joining a gym, or learning a new language any time soon) but I think this is a great approach to new years resolutions, and it's definitely a more positive way of looking at things. The best of luck for 2015!

    Heather, porcelainbeautyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some great goals, I should adopt these too! Happy New Year, hope you have a wonderful 2015!

    Tessa / Bramble & Thorn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! I hope you achieve your goals!
    Hannah x
    Hanniemc.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. The action of stopping can be as hard as starting something, and I glad you took this spin on your resolutions. x

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes your right, hopefully I'll stick to stopping! ha xx

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year Gemma!
    I'm so happy I found your blog and youtube this year as i love them both - excited to see more from you in 2015 !
    Taila x

    www.tailabeaven.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are beautiful! What do you use as your background?

    Ella,
    xoxo / elzyella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete