Winter; Beauty Edition

29.11.14

Today I wanted to talk some winter beauty; I’ve already spoke about a few winter skincare saviours so here is my beauty edition (fashion ones are also due to be popping up soon). Autumn and Winter are always my favourite times of year for makeup and fashion so you’re likely to see me rambling about it until Christmas! I thought I'd talk through some of my favourites for nails, glowing skin, shiny hair and the perfect dark lip…


Dark Nails
Dark nails are always a must in winter for me. I'm usually a nude- kinda gal when it comes to nails but winter is my favourite season to sport burgundies and almost black polishes. Three of my favourites at the moment are the Essie’s ‘Bordeaux’ and ‘Wicked’ and also OPI Nail Lacquer in ‘Rich Chocolate’. 
 Glowing Skin
I think a lot of the time people generally assume highlight is just for winter; however I think that glowing skin in the winter looks really refreshing and healthy, especially on those harshly cold days. I like to give a little dusting of highlight along my cheek bones and on my cupids bow, I think it’s perfect for a fresh faced day look and can also be easily dressed up for more of an evening. A few I’ve been loving recently are the ‘Topshop Glow’, ‘MAC Barely There’ and’ YSL Touche Clait’. 
Hair shine 
Hair can start to look quite dull in winter, I think sometimes the cold gloomy weather makes hair look and feel equally gloomy, the cold leaving it dry and in need of moisture and shine. I like to use nourishing hair masks and shine sprays to keep my hair looking a good as possible. Three of my favourites are the Aveda ‘Dry Remedy Mask’, Aussie’s ‘Three Minute Miracle’ and The Body Shop’s ‘Grape Seed Glossing Serum’. 
 Dark Lips 
 Dark lips for winter? How original! *says in the voice of Miranda from The Devil Wears Prada* but seriously dark lips are a MUST. I love to rock a good deep purple or burgundy with big fluffy jumpers, faux fur scarfs and natural eye makeup at this time of year. I think it screams Christmas (that may have been the campest sentence I have typed). I particularly love MAC’s ‘Rebel’, Topshop’s ‘Depth’ and lastly ‘Wine With Everything’ by Revlon.

What are your favourite beauty winter must haves?

No comments

Post a Comment