Weekly Features #4

24.11.14

This week's 'Weekly Features' has been a rather family orientated one; with the weather getting colder we've spent most of our nights in watching 'Bates Motel' which is amazing! It was also Luke's 23rd Birthday this week...



Birthday Celebrations

This one's been a highlight to mine and Luke's week and probably mainly what I'm going to be chatting about in this post; Luke turned 23 last week! We rented a cottage up in Morpeth with Luke's family for four days around his birthday so I spent the majority of my week there. The cottage had such a homely feel to it with a real log fire, an old record player and tartan furniture. Perfect for Christmas time. Myslef, Luke, his brothers, mam, auntie and nan (how cute do Luke and his nan look in the photo?!) all went along. It was lovely to get together with all the family. We also went out in Felton on the day of Luke's birthday; we went to a small little cafe called The Running fox, it's renowned for its food and has won awards for its afternoon tea. We all opted for the afternoon tea, I have to say, no word of a lie, it was probably one of the best meals I've ever eaten in my entire life! We practically rolled back to the car we where fed that much food and tea. We were given a choice of sandwiches (we chose beef and Stilton on thick brown bread), a choice of pie (opted for corned beef) a fruit or cheese scone (fruit with with clotted cream) and a huge slice of cake (opted for banofee), the portions were gargantuan and the food all freshly made. You may be wondering after aaalllllllll of this talk of the wonderful food why there is no pictures of it? Well dummy over here took her SLR along and left the memory card at home; boooo! So you'll just have to do your best to imagine it. A great little trip away.

A red lip I cant get enough of along with an extremely posey & pouty selfie

I had a night out in town this week, painting the town and also my lips a red. I've been into nude shades for quite a while now and upon going into my makeup bag on this evening I realised I'd left my usual nude shade at home, however I did have the Bourjous Rouge Edition Lip Velvets in my makeup bag, I put on the colour 'Grand Cru' instead of my usual nude lip. I knew I loved this colour anyway but I hadn't tried it again since dying my hair dark and I have now fallen in love with it even more. I'm even liking it through the day with minimal eyes. I got quite a few compliments the night I wore it so it's going to be seen a lot more on me! Thoroughly enjoyed chatting, dancing and drinking Strawberry Daquruis, the picture above was taken at Harry's Bar in Newcastle; such a great night!

4 comments

  1. What a great idea for a birthday treat :) The Running Fox has been on my to do list for a while now - hoping to get to it next Summer when we get a car hire for a week (too excited about this!) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw what a lovely post, that cake looks amazing xx

    http://cristynottingham.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a lovely time for Luke's birthday, sometimes some relaxed family time can be exactly what you want. The food sounds amazing as well!
    Emma x
    Writing Essays With Wine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely post - looks like you've had such a good time :)
    Eilidh xx

    http://herprettystateofmind.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete