Weekly Features #1

3.11.14
weekly features emma griffy

After a while of debating wether to start a weekly post in photos I've decided I will; I realised there is quite a lot of things I am dying to talk about that would seem a bit silly dedicated to a post on there own, for instance the fact Gypsophila flowers brighten my day! Ha. I aim to post a random selection of things I've bought or done throughout the week every Monday. Most of the photos will be from my iPhone; it's nice to have natural spontaneous snaps rather than ones taken with a professional SLR all of the time. Here's some features from this week...


weekly features emma griffy

A New Book


I recently ordered this 'Berlin Street Style' book from Amazon, i've wanted a range of these books for ages and i'm still desperate to get my hands on the Paris Street Style book. I go to Berlin on the 4th of December so anything Germany related at the moment i'm all over it. It's such a good read so far and very up my street, I love the kind of effortless style this book talks about, shout out to the chic and effortless Berlin gals!

Floralness

Another thing that's made me very happy this week (and always) is fresh flowers. I know that's such a simple obvious statement as most people love flowers but I really felt they cheered up my room this week. I picked them up when I was in town from Grainger Market for only £3.00! Bargain too. I just think they're so pretty and simple.

My Cold Day Drink 

Well this week the weather has been positively miserable in England. Its been one of those weeks where I've really noticed the dark nights creeping in; even to the point where I've had lights on through the day! I don't mind this kind of weather if I have nothing to do... on Thursday Luke had a day off and we had a film and duvet day with copious amounts of chocolate chai, we usually drink the Whittard of Chelsea Spiced Chai but decided to change it up a little, it's so tasty and I love any chance to use my camera lens mug!

Pumpkin Carving

We got the last pumpkins of the bunch as we always leave it till last minute so they are a little worse for wear but we pumpkin carved this week. Last year we went for really elaborate carving thinking we where pros; this resulted in me nearly chopping my fingers off. This year, keepin' it real, we went with a standard pumpkin face! They're cuties! 

New Shoes

If you don't know already I love clumpy black leather shoes, I managed to find these in Primark when I was in LDN and they seem to go with everything. On this particular day I wore them when I visited Ikea. I've been wearing them lots recently with tights and day dresses and they are SO comfy. Primark does it again!

Autmnal Walks 

Sundays are dog walking & film watching days in our house. Luke and I spent our day taking the dogs on a long afternoon walk, the trees looked gorgeous with all the coloured leaves, the sun was low too so it looked really picturesque. Holly found a golf ball to play with that made her day. We then spent the rest of the evening watching 'The Witches' and 'Beetlejuice'.

It hasn't been to much of an eventful week as we've both had lots of work commitments, but it's the little things that make it special I suppose. I hope you enjoyed seeing my week, let me know what you got up to in the comments! 

7 comments

  1. Great little post. Love this type of thing. The sky look beautiful in that bottom right snap!

    Sarah
    www.daisychainsanddreamers.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! glad your liking it :) xx

      Delete
  2. I definitely need to get my hands on a copy of Berlin Street Style, I'm all about that effortless look so many of those ladies have!

    Tessa / Bramble & Thorn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those shoes are gorgeous! I'll definitely be jumping into Primark at the weekend to find myself a pair :) I love anything with chai in it at Winter so that Chocolate Chai sounds right up my street :)
    Bea x
    As Seen By Bea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive been hunting for some similar shoes for ages and these look super comfy. Such a great post idea - looking forward to the next.

    styleaked.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete