and the mauve obsession continues...

11.11.14
Maybelline - Color Sensational MATTE

Last week my friend Gillian kindly picked me up some of the new Maybelline Creamy Matte Lipsticks all the way from sunny Florida! What a surprise I chose a new bunch of mauvey pink colours...

Maybelline - Color Sensational MATTE

Maybelline - Color Sensational MATTE

Maybelline - Color Sensational MATTE

Maybelline - Color Sensational MATTE

If you've been reading my blog for a while or have watched my YouTube videos you'll know I'm obsessed with 'mauvey' pink/berry colours. I'm a huge fan of Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids Lipsticks so i had wanted to get my hands on these for ages after seeing a few American YouTubers rave about them..

They are the colours I always look for, that day time colour that brightens the face and looks beautiful with a minimal eye look. The next bonus is that they are matte; 'creamy matte', the texture feels so velvety soft on my lips (almost a similar texture to the Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencils) and lasts aaalllllll day, even after numerous Starbucks. Gillian picked me up the following colours (in order of swatch)... 

'A Touch of Spice' 

This is my favourite from all three of the lipsticks, I love a darker lip for A/W. This is the perfect mix of brown and red with warm undertones that make my teeth look really white; bonus! They are so moisturising, I found this out of the three to be the most creamiest, not sure why this is, it didn't make my lips dry or tight like other mattes I've tried. P.S. I tweeted a picture of my lips with that on here if you would like to see it.

'Ravishing Rose'

This lipstick reminds me of a matte version of MAC's 'Snob' but with less of a purple tone. It's a pink rose colour. It seems lighter on me than it does in the tube but I think that's because I have quite light-toned natural lips, I didn't mind that it was lighter. It's perfect for days when you're trying to achieve more of a natural makeup look. I'm more of a browned toned everyday lipstick girl so I do think I will get more wear out of the other two but this will be nice for when I'm feeling a change.

'Lust for Blush' 

Again another favourite, this is a lighter & more pink version of Touch of Spice, if you find that Touch of Spice is too brown this is the next step up. Less red/brown and more of a pink undertone; very Kylie Jenner-esque. I've worn this almost everyday since I got the lipsticks. LOVE it. 

There are ten different shades available here & I definitely need to get my hands on more! Unfortunately they aren't out in the UK yet, please bring these to the UK ASAP Maybelline! I have spotted a few on amazon though so if you cant wait you can purchase them here

Which drugstore lippies are you into at the mo? Are there any you would recommend? let me know in the comments..

5 comments

  1. I love mauve/berry lipsticks! You've chosen some beautiful shades! can't wait to try this new Maybelline range. x
    Mummy's Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good aren't they I'm obsessed, praying they come to the UK soon x

      Delete
  2. These look super creamy & luxurious. I have to agree with you, a touch of spice is my fave too, especially now its getting to Winter :-) These look amazing.
    Claire.x
    www.xclaireabella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you agree Claire, thats my excuse for everything at the moment..'yeah but its a wintery colour' ha! xx

      Delete
  3. I like the ravishing rose lipstick because as I'm pale I always find a darker lip looks too dressy on me for everyday! But for an evening they're great! Chanel's Rouge Coco Shine in 'Fiction' is my favourite autumny colour :)

    K xx
    Idreamofcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete