Bonjour mes petites boîtes

20.10.14

I recently singed up to a new monthly box subscription called 'My Little Box', chances are you've probably heard about them as everyone and their grandma has been raving about them! So far I've sampled two of their boxes; the 'My Little Parisian Box' and the 'My Little Box by Diane von Furstenberg'...


When I first heard about these boxes I was immediately drawn in by the packaging, it was something really different to the other subscription boxes I had seen, very sweet and being Paris themed I couldn't say no. I also noticed that they weren't just beauty boxes which was really exciting, they come with a range of items in including must-have beauty products (one from there own in-house beauty range, My Little Beauty), fashion, lifestyle accessories, their magazine My Little World, Illustrated goodies by Kanako and other surprises...

The first box I received was My Little Parisian Box, anything Paris themed makes me weak at the knees. Ever since visiting Paris I fell in love with the city I was even inspired to designed my bedroom around a chic Paris theme (which you can see here) so I thought it would be a good opportunity to sign up and see what it was all about.


Upon opening the box everything was so neatly stored and wrapped in a beautiful ribbon, the first item I pulled out was an illustration of the Eiffel Tower saying 'Paris needs no reason, Paris is its own reason', I love that you get illustrated drawings in the box, I think it adds a really nice creative touch. I now have this on display in a frame my room. 

Underneath that was a note book; the note book was designed in a way similar to the outside of the box with a Parisian woman illustration on the front of it. On the inside there were some introductory information on MLB then the rest was blank pages, Ideal for sketches! There were also stickers which I have now stuck in the note book, so adorable and look lovely along side diary entries or lists.

Next was a laptop case; this was one of the cutest things in the box and for the price I couldn't believe it was included. It was a foam 13 inch laptop case again imprinted with the MLB illustration on the front. Unfortunately this didn't fit my laptop so I am using it for necklace storage at the moment!

Lastly came the beauty items; these were in a beautiful drawstring bag with MLB written on it. I think the drawstring bags are a great item on there own as they're great for storage when travelling. In the beauty bag I pulled out their own brand highlighter first, this was a twist up highlighter for cheek bones, it's a lovely golden colour that looks lovely just very lightly applied with the brush on the applicator. Next was the Laura Mercier primer; I have used this now everyday underneath my makeup since receiving my box, I'm not usually keen on makeup primers but this is very nice, I usually find primers are either too drying or too greasy, this is quite a strange formula, it almost feels like a gel. I was apprehensive upon putting it onto my hand but when I applied it to my face I was pleasantly surprised. It kept my makeup on all day and I especially noticed a difference with the longevity of my concealer. Lastly the Nuxe Face Body and Hair Oil, upon reading the leaflet that arrived with the box this is apparently 'Parisian women's secret to beautiful skin', I gave this a go and now really like it, I personally don't use it on my hair as I have oily hair anyway but i've been using this on my face. You only need the tiniest amount (I apply before bed) and I awake with very soft skin! No breaking out at all and it has a nice smell.


I was so over the moon with the first box I am most definitely keeping up my subscription, so in this review is also my second box. The second box I received was a collaboration with Diane Von Furstenberg. If you didn't already know Diane Von Furstenberg is an American fashion designer.

Firstly in the box, again displayed so neatly and presentable like the first box, was the My Little World magazine, this is a nice idea and good to have a little read alongside the goodies. The magazine contains information about MLB and current trends. 

Next was some illustrated art work, this time with a woman lying on a desk in front of an NYC skyline with the slogan 'Be the woman you want to be', underneath this was the DVF box that contained a scarf. I personally wouldn't wear the scarf as (if you know me I'm a monochrome gal) but my mum absolutely loved it so I was still really excited for it to arrive so I could give it to her. It also came with a lip shape broach with a little note from Diane, I thought this was a really nice personal touch.

Lastly moving onto the beauty bag, again a drawstring bag was provided to hold the beauty items in, this month's three products included the L'occitane Hand Cream 12ml; I love L'occitane products so I was very excited about this, it was in the scent 'Vanilla Bouquet', the smell! Oh jeeeeeez! It smells almost edible and made my hands feel SO soft, I think the full size will most definitely be on my xmas list! Next a MLB own brand Micellar water, I really liked this, in particular the packaging as it's re-usable, I'm going to fill this up with my Garnier Micellar Water once I've used this all up as it's a much easier travel size bottle to keep in my skincare kit. Lastly came the Keretise Hairspray, this is by Loreal, I usually only use hair spray on a night out but gave this a go and really enjoyed the hold, not sticky too.

Overall I'm very happy with My Little Box, I would definitely recommend signing up if you feel like your beauty box is getting a bit predictable, it's something a little different and I really like that they theme each box. They have an online website here where you can get more information. I'm praying that they start shipping their beauty items from there online store to the UK ASAP! Apparently they are working on it so look out for that too..

Have you signed up to MLB yet? What are your thoughts?

Au Revoir x

7 comments

  1. These look super cute! Love the packaging and some top notch brands :)

    Sarah
    www.daisychainsanddreamers.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, I know I was over the moon to have some Laura Mercier in there! x

      Delete
  2. I've just subscribed to this! Too excited to receive my first box :)
    www.prettythoughtsx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wont be disappointed!! enjoy :) xx

      Delete
  3. You got them! How amazing are they?! Love love love!! Your photos make them look even more amazing! I can't wait until next month's!

    K xx
    Idreamofcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE them Kayleigh, so excited for next month, apparently there christmas one is going to be really good! xx

      Delete
    2. OMG really?? I LOVE Christmas EEEK!! xxx

      Delete