September Birchbox

23.9.14
September Birchbox

Another month, another Birchbox delivery. I don't know about you but doesn't this year seem to be going so fast! I used to think monthly boxes would take forever to come round but just as I receive one Birchbox my next one seems to be on my door step..

September's Birchbox was based around 'Back to School/Happy Days'. It's safe to say I'm never disappointed with Birchbox and this month's was really cute. If y'all get Birchbox you may realise something is missing from this month's post... I ate the pack of dried strawberries before photographing! They were darn tasty too! But apart from that everything else is up for review...

Firstly starting with my favourite; Benefit I'ts Potent Eye Cream £25.50. I love thick & hydrating eye creams as I tend to get a little bit puffy eyed when I'm tired in the mornings. This does the job beautifully, I like to keep mine in the fridge for extra cooling benefits. It retails at £25.00 & I think its a purchase I'm going to have to make when I run out of the sample size. I'm new to benefit skincare so this was a nice introduction to it.

Premae Mild Dermabrasion Face and Body Scrub £25.00 - I have to say looking at the packaging I didn't think it would be much cop. Well, safe to say I shouldn't judge a book by its cover, I actually really liked this! You may know from previous reviews I've stated that I don't really like facial exfoliants; having sensitive skin they tend to do my skin more harm than good. This was really soft and not harsh at all. It left my skin feeling really soft and hydrated.

Korres Citrus shower gel £8.00 - the Korres shower gel in this months box was a real treat. I haven't tried anything from this brand before. It smells divine and does its job! Not much more to say about it apart from that I like the packaging too.

Ageve Healing Oil Treatment £16.00 - The hair oil in September's Birchbox was one of my least favourites. In my previous two boxes I've had hair/facial oils and I'm actually not that keen on hair oils. Having oily hair I don't tend to use any oils; I usually use masks or intensive conditioners. I did however give this to my auntie and she loves it! She has much drier & coarse hair than me and found it worked really well for her. Maybe I need to update my profile on Birchbox, maybe changing my hair type would help...

Model Co Lip lacquer in 'Viva' £15.00 - Again I'm not a huge fan of gloss, I was more into it in the summer months but now we're moving into autumn I don't think I'll get much use out of this. It's a light pink colour with a sheer coverage, I think even if it was in a darker shade I might use it more but as it stands I'm not sure I would purchase the full size of this. It isn't sticky and has no shimmer or sparkle to it which I suppose is a bonus. I think it will linger around in my makeup bag until I decide if I'm a fan.

Lastly the Birchbox photo holder- I thought it was a really nice touch to have something in the box that wasn't beauty-related. This has now gone on my office desk with a picture of parrrrieeee to keep me motivated!

Overall, although there were two products I wasn't completely impressed by I think this month's box was still a good one & most definitely still as always value for money. What did you get in your box this month? Were you impressed?

I'm thinking of signing up to 'My little Box' too, would anyone recommend them?


Shop This Post

Benefit I'ts Potent Eye Cream 
Premae Mild Dermabrasion Face and Body Scrub 
Korres Citrus shower gel 
Ageve Healing Oil Treatment 
Model Co Lip lacquer in 'Viva' 
Birchbox photo holder

3 comments

  1. Aww so nice of you to pass on what you cant use! The Benefit eye cream is a fave of mine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! think I will defs be purchasing the full size xx

      Delete
  2. I love the strawberries and I have Parieeee on my photo holder too on my desk haha!!! Best motivation ever ha! Xxx

    ReplyDelete