LFW '14 Beauty Trends

16.9.14


Fashion Week is always a huge inspiration. I love to see what's in store for next S/S. With London Fashion Week happening this week I wanted to talk about the beauty trends I've noticed on show this year, because they are simply amazing...


I've created a collage above with my top five picks on what I've gained from this year's Fashion Week beauty-wise. I've noticed everything beauty-related this year seems to be defined by simplicity; this is the first trend i've gathered from FW. The makeup looks used on the models in the majority of shows this year I've found to be simplistic and chic featuring a lot of muted tones of browns and nudes. The hair styles again seem to be just simply effortless as if the models have just awoken from a sleep or pulled a big jumper over their head. 

The top 5 Trends that stood out to me...

1. 'Simplistic Eyes'; as shown on the model above, I think this look is stunning, a simple quick wash of golden brown shadow. This makeup look was created by artist Diane Kendal for Jason Wu's SS15 collection show. I think the golden look created across the eyes along with the flawless & natural healthy glow from the skin and minimal lashes is just perfection. Daphne Groeneveld is one of my favorite models, I find her so naturally beautiful (major girl crush).

2. 'Dewy Skin'; a lot of the models this year had very natural 'dewy' makeup. I've noticed that this look is being achieved specifically with the use of highlight and fresh rosy blush. I particularly liked the above look which is being referred to as 'night-club style beauty' - the 'sweaty glow'. This look was again created by artist Diane Kendal for the 'Marc' by Marc Jobs show.

3. 'Faux Freckles'; I was a huge fan of freckles this year on my holiday, I've never naturally had freckles so I figured why not fake it! I used a brown eyeshadow on a very thin small brush to apply to my cheeks and over my nose. I think it really completed the natural skin on this year's runway. The image above was taken from the same look as created for the 'Marc' by Marc Jacobs  show. 

4. 'Messy Plaits' and 'Texturised Hair'; If you know me well you'll know that the majority of the time my hair would fall under the category of 'messy bed head' or so I like to tell myself... I'm a huge fan of messy 'texturised' hair. This year it seems that this is to be a popular look for SS15. Especially plaits; messy effortless plaits that really set the edge to the simplistic makeup looks.

5. 'Lip stains'; This is one of my favorite looks from the whole of LDN fashion week. This specific look adds a pop of colour and femininity to the natural straight laced runway makeup. I love the look in the image above, created by artist Hannah Murray for the Topshop Unique Show, the makeup was inspired by teenage girls at the seaside - as if the models had been kissing boys on the beachfront and smudged their lipstick. In my most recent Beauty Haul on YouTube I featured some of my recent favourite lip stains.. you can watch that here.

I hope you enjoyed my top five beauty picks from London Fashion Week '14. Have you been enjoying Fashion Week as much as me? What have been your favourite looks/designers this year?


6 comments

  1. Loving the simplistic eyes. Definitely a look I'll be going for (and always have gone for haha)...

    lorrieloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I think I'm going to try attempt the simplistic look more, I always use liquid liner and I'm going to try to do without after seeing these looks! :) x

      Delete
  2. Such an interesting post! One of my favourite reads in the past week.

    Charlotte x
    www.styleaked.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you liked it :) xx

      Delete
  3. Love the dewy skin! Great post :) x

    chantellesarahblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're gorgeous looks this year I think, so natural!

    K xx

    ReplyDelete