Autumn Lip Combo

25.9.14

I'm majorly excited about the fact it's autumn! Autumn is most definitely my favourite season. I love layering clothes and throwing on big scarfs. Changing up my Lip colour is also something I enjoy doing as we transition into autumn & winter; I love wearing darker shades of berry and browns. I have been loving this lip combo at the mo...



Today upon looking outside and seeing leaves on the ground and gusty wind in the air it made me all in the mood for autumnal makeup. I thought I would just do a quick post on a lip combo I've been loving at the moment. I'm a huge fan of mixing lip products & I love to create colours that you can't find to buy. This was one of those colours; I mixed MAC's 'Rebel' and Revlon's Colorstay Moisture Stain in the colour 'New York Scene'. I love the effect it gave, it's not as dark as Rebel as I found the Revlon stain lightened it up a little. With 'Rebel' also being a matte lipstick the Revlon Colour Stain gave it a little bit of life, almost like a dewiness to the lips. I think it's the perfect berry shade for autumn & the a stain and matte lipstick combo meant it stayed all day! I liked to pair this look with minimal eyes and no blush, just to keep it simple. All I need now is to add the scarf and a Ginger Bread Latte and voila!

What are your favourite autumn lip colours? 

Shop This Post 

10 comments

  1. That colour is gorgeous!! It's absolutely lovely and really suits you.

    xxx | daisydaisyxxo
    enter my big blog giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous shade Emma! I love berry colours for Autumn. My fave is the trusty 107 by Kate Moss Rimmel :) xx

    Little Miss Katy | Fun, Food & Fashion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm a big fan of 107 too! love colours like that for autumn xx

      Delete
  3. Mac Rebel is my all time favourite lipstick, though I do also love Rimmel 107 Nars Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella :)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too!! I'm still yet to try Cruella though! I've heard lots of good things, I must get round to purchasing one! xx

      Delete
  4. This looks beautiful on you, it makes your lips look really voluptuous! It's so neat too, it looks like you've used a liner but it would appear you haven't!

    Jade x
    Beauty Butterfly | UK Beauty Blog

    P.S. I really hate being like the spelling police but it's 'Autumn' :-P xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! yeah I didn't use a liner either.. hahahah I cant believe that error was in the title!!! thanks for pointing that out I wrote it at 2am last night I must have missed the 'n' off! ..least it was right in the actual post I suppose (hand over face emoji) xx

      Delete
  5. Revlon Black Cherry is an absolute must for Autumn! If you haven't tried it you're missing out.

    Charlotte x
    www.styleaked.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Fiction (I thinks its number 81) by Chanel. I bought it in Covent Garden last year and still love it! It's like a deep red/berry colour. I love autumn!

    xxx

    idreamofcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete