Skincare Drawer Newbie

21.8.14
Garnier Cleansing Lotion Review

I'm a dabbler when it comes to skincare. I do tend to have staples that I always use but I like to trial different things alongside these products throughout the month. As I was a huge fan of the Garnier Micellar Water I fancied giving their other makeup removers a go…
This is the ‘Softening Cleansing Lotion’ by Garnier. As I say in all my skincare posts (sorry if it’s the millionth time you’re reading this sentence) I have extreme combination skin; I get very oily on my t-zone and I also get dry patches. My skin has changed a lot in my twenties & products that are meant for oily skin just do not get on with me at all. I think my skin craves hydration hence the over production of oil, it’s much more suited to using products for dry skin and then using blotting papers to keep oil at bay. My skin’s also very sensitive and gets on well with any kind of soothing products so after hearing all the positive claims I decided to give this product a go. I’ve been using this to remove my makeup at nights. I love that you don’t have to wash this product off; I just put a few drops onto some cotton pads and rub on my face until all my makeup is removed. I completely agree with this product’s soothing qualities! My skin felt so soft and less irritated after first use and so hydrated too. It did the job of removing my makeup nicely as well, when put to the test it even removed my waterproof mascara well. The product has a rose undertone which I like; it’s not too overpowering or strong. I would definitely like to give more of Garnier’s skincare a go after having these recent positive experiences! I'm not sure this product will completely take over my Garnier Micellar Water but I will be using this alongside! Its currently out of stock on Boots website so I get the feeling other people are loving it to, I managed to get mine on my weekly shop at Tesco.

Shop This Post


Garnier Cleansing Lotion

9 comments

  1. Great post, I really need to improve my skincare regime! I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin and GFC. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted. Thanks!

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even realise they did a cleansing lotion as well! I love their cleansing water so I may have to give this a go!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! apparently there toners are good to.. I'd like to try more from there range xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really nice! Didn't even know they had a lotion version! Good timing as I've just run out of my Maybelline makeup remover but I don't like how it leaves an oily residue.

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I need to try this! I love the micellar water! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've used this before but to be honest I didn't feel like it really took my makeup off. If I used my Clarisonic or the Clean&Clear blackhead cleanser after, there was still a lot of makeup traces :/ I'm a much bigger fan of the Micellar water! xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle & Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a fellow fan of the Micellar water and I love soothing make-up removers so I'm going to have to give this one a try too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh nice post :D thanks for making it . Ill have to find this garnier lotion :D

    Roze @ Its Rozee

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so obsessed with their Micellar water for removing my make up but I might have to give this a try! Great post.

    Charlotte x
    www.styleaked.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete