Review | Yes To CC Cream

11.8.14

After being a huge fan of the Yes To makeup wipes I have been intrigued as to what other products they sell. Yes To is a brand that's relatively new in my local Boots. BB and CC creams are always must haves in my summer makeup bag so I thought I would give Yes To CC Cream's a go...

As the weather has been scorching lately in England I have been using lighter feeling makeup bases. Yes To Grapefruit CC Cream claims to be a 'natural, lightweight, colour correcting daily moisturiser which hydrates and helps even skin tone'. I tend to get red patches on my cheek area so I had high hopes as soon as I saw the words 'colour correcting'. Another bonus for me with the Yes To range is that all of there ingredients used in their range are so natural - this particular foundation contains 95% natural ingredients with things like evodia fruit and grapefruit. Not only is the range cruelty free but their CC Creams also contain SPF 15 so will keep your skin protected. After hearing all these claims I was excited to give it a go...

Upon opening the boxes with the options of 'Light' and 'Medium' I noticed neither colour was particularly suited to my skin tone; both colour options were a little too orangey based for my skin tone. I still went ahead and tried anyway as once applied the colour was very subtle. Upon applying the product I noticed firstly it's very strong smell, I personally liked the smell, it was floral yet fruity, but if you're not keen on strong smelling facial products you may want to test this out first as the smell did tend to stay all day. The next thing I noticed was the texture; it was quite watery, maybe to be expected as it was a tinted moisturiser. Then upon trying to blend the product into my skin it rolled up into little pieces, I just couldn't get it to blend at all! I tried multiple things to blend; a brush, a sponge and also my fingers but I didn't have any luck. As you may know If you have read any skincare posts before I have combination skin with an oily t-zone and dry patches; this product tended to cling to my dry patches and looked greasy on my T zone. It also has no coverage - again you may expect this from a CC cream as it is only meant to be a 'tint'. I think my skin type just wasn't right for this product. It's such a shame that this product wasn't suited to me because I really do love their other products! 

Have you tried this CC cream? What were your thoughts? 

Shop this post:



10 comments

  1. Ahhh I only use CC cream!! I NEED to try this. The brand looks gorgeous!

    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to know some other good brands for CC creams - do you know any good ones Daisy? :) xx

      Delete
  2. I wasn't aware they did a CC cream...and grapefruit too! I'd love to try this! :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can really smell the grapefruit in it too! :) xx

      Delete
  3. It's a shame you didn't get on with this product. I have never actually tried CC cream before or heard of this brand, but it sounds quite good, especially the scent and cruelty free element!

    sammy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I didn't realise they did a CC cream! Upon reading other reviews people seem to either love it or hate it - you might get on with it :) xxx

      Delete
  4. What a shame you didn't get on that well, but it might work for you at some point you never know so hold onto it :)

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats what I thought! best to keep trying it once and a while, my skin is tempremental ha! :) xxx

      Delete
  5. Never heard of Yes To before but it sounds good x
    http://blushingbeauty9.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete