Lifestyle | Camping

8.8.14
Camping

This is something a little different from my usual posts - A few weeks back myself, Luke and our favorite couple Steph and David went camping. Anyone that knows me knows i'm not really an outdoorsy kinda gal! But this was so much fun..


I was too scared to take my SLR along but I did take a few snaps on my phone which I thought I would share..


Camping

Camping

Camping

Camping

Camping

Camping

Camping

Camping

Camping

Camping

Camping

Camping

Whilst the weather's still warm I would say camping is definitely something worth doing, if you're anything like I used to be I honestly thought camping would be pretty bleak but I assure you it isn't at all! It turned out to be really fun. We bought a little two man tent from Go Outdoors for £19.99 and headed up to a place called Winters Gibbet near Rothbury in Northumberland - it was kind of just set up where you want as it wasn't a proper camp site. So we set up our little camp area and our tent, our tent even came with bunting which made the place look quite homely. After collecting fire wood  David got his Bear Grylls on and made us a camp fire. We had some drinks and a BBQ with some music and a bit of drunk dancing/chanting round the fire. I thought I would be much more of a 'scaredy cat' than I was, there was a few American teen horror movie moments when I was looking round the woods saying 'what was that?!' but apart from that I felt safe at our little camp. It was really good and I'm glad we've got the tent now to do it in the future. 

Would you camp out? Is there anywhere in the North East that you'd recommend for camping? 

No comments

Post a Comment