Drugstore Contouring ?

12.8.14
 Bourjois Delice de Poudre bronzing powder & highlighter

After Bourjois released their new Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder & Highlighter last week I have been dying to get my hands on it. After being a fan of the normal Bourjois Chocolate Bar Bronze I was excited to try their new release..


 Bourjois Delice de Poudre bronzing powder & highlighter

I picked up the Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder & Highlighter for £7.99 from Boots. This is a now a new addition to my everyday routine, I'm a huge fan of this! Firstly it smells of chocolate - say whut?! Yes! Chocolate! It's a really nice sweet smell which I actually didn't think I would like but I enjoy very much. It's not an overpowering smell more of an undertone, it's lovely! It has a bronzer on one side and a creamy highlight on the other. I have been using this product for a little everyday contouring - very subtley may I add, I literally swish bronze under my cheek bones and then a little highlight on my nose, forehead and chin as most days I'm feeling too lazy to do a whole 'Kimmy K Contour'! This has been fantastic for that. The colour of the bronze allows you to be very subtle and is more red toned than the likes of other drugstore contour kits. I like this red under-tone in a bronze as I feel it makes my face look more alive without the need for too much blush. The highlight is also beautifully subtle - no big chunks of glitter or sparkle just a really nice subtle 'glowy' & radiant look. I think I will use this LOTS on my holidays. I sometimes even just swirl the two together if I'm in a rush and apply to the apples of my cheeks. Unlike the bronzers this unfortunately does only come in one shade but that didn't happen to be an issue for me. I think Borjouis have done a really good job with this drugstore contour kit! 

If you want to contour with this product there are some suggested steps below:

1.Sweep the bronzer:
• Along your hairline
• Across the hollows of your cheeks
• Along the sides of your nose

2. Highlight & Define
Apply the highlighter over areas where the light naturally hits for an iridescent glow.
Sweep the highlighter:
• Along the high point of your cheekbones
• Onto the centre of your forehead
• Under your eyebrows
• Over the bridge of your nose
• Onto your cupid’s bow

Shop this Post 

Have you got your hands on this yet? What are your thoughts? 

10 comments

  1. Love the Packaging!!! Lovely post! xx
    http://www.chocochipchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a lovely contouring kit and handy enough to pop in your bag. Thank you for sharing :) xx

    Brenda | www.brendabusybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have the bronzer and would love to try this duo i don't own a highlighter and this would be perfect
    www.fashionandbeautytribes.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks so cool I saw it yesterday and was very intrigued xx

    http://cristynottingham.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post as I'm not going to lie I know nothing about contouring ha! So there are some really good tips here :) think I might have to give it a whirl :)

    K xx
    Idreamofcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous post. You absolute babe!

    - Brook from www.brookdellar.co.uk
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, say what? Smells like chocolate? And The package is so cute ^^
    x Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just came across your blog, it's so lovely I love your photos and your content. I really like Bourjois bronzers, I have the original and I am definitely gonna pick this one up.
    Zeynab xx
    The Beautifully Disastrous

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your post has been featured in my August Favorite Blog Posts here
    August Favorite Blog Posts
    Lots of love ♥

    Roze @ Its Rozee

    ReplyDelete