Afternoon Delight

29.8.14

Firstly, Sorry for the excessively large picture but I have a thing for large photography (especially large photography of pretty cakes ha!) this was actually taken on my Iphone and it came out surprisingly well; I got all the way to the bloggers event without a memory card in my camera! Typical...

I've been meaning to post this since last week now. I only took a few photos but I thought I would share them with you anyway… A few Sundays back Chloe kindly organised a meet up at the Powder Tea Rooms in Whitley Bay. I love it when bloggers can come together for a chat and cake so I was looking forward to this, we all have similar interests so we tend to chat until the cows come home. I didn’t even know the street it was on (Park View, Whitley Bay) existed; it has loads of pretty little ‘beachy’ terrace houses with a high street full of little independent shops & boutiques, I spotted a vintage furniture shop on the way up that I really want to pay a visit too! When I arrived I loved the homely feel to the cafe, I walked in to meet the fellow bloggers; Chloe was getting her hair done and Kayleigh was getting her nails done, it was really nice that you could get beauty treatments and cake all under one roof! Myself, Lisa and Shivani sat and chatted until they were finished and it was time for our afternoon tea, it was lovely to chat to Shivani as I hadn’t met her before, that’s another thing I love about events; they can be really scary if you haven’t been to one before but everyone I have met is so friendly and welcoming; I really enjoy them.



Anyway! Moving on to the yummy part; the table was FULL of food, pots of tea and pink lemonade. We stared with sandwiches the salmon and creme cheese was SOO good, then scones, then finally we moved on to the desert selection which consisted of meringues with raspberry coolie and Victoria sponge cake *drools*. At only £12 each I really recommend it for afternoon tea; It was so tasty and really good quality food. I would love to go back ASAP. I even sneaked Luke some sandwiches and a meringue nest in a napkin and he wolfed it down so it got his seal of approval too. Thanks to the Powder Tea Rooms for having us! They were greats hosts!

Is there any little Afternoon Tea finds you would recommend? 

16 comments

  1. Beauty treats and cake all in one place? That sounds like my kind of place. You sound like you had so much fun and you took some lovely photographs! I haven't yet been to a bloggers meet up or a bloggers event yet! This post makes me want to go to one.

    Style Storms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should come along to the next event Amy, do you live in Newcatsle? :) xx

      Delete
  2. Your pics are always so gorgeous Emma! I can't believe you took these on an iPhone. The clarity is stunning! :) xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle & Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like the dreamiest place ever! Very jealous sounds like you had a lovely time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just had a rather boring and healthy dinner and now I want to step into a time machine and eat all these cakes again!

    Forgot you took some bits home for Luke, I hope Simon doesn't find out he might wonder where his treats got to (in my belly)

    Chloe x
    newgirlintoon.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Posting this made me want it all over again too! ha, we have to catch up again asap xx

      Delete
  5. Omg, what a pretty place and pics!! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos, it looks like such a pretty little place! :)

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE IT ! everything looks so vinatge , such a cute little place !

    Beverly x
    http://smithasdiary.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks amazing :D Wish I'd have been able to go! :(

    Gorgeous pictures!

    www.gingerbreadsmiles.co.uk
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely post, and the photographs are beautiful!

    Heather | porcelainbeautyx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was such a fun day, I can't wait until ten next one! Lovely pics :)

    K xx
    Idreamofcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete