Travel Mondays | Paris

28.7.14

Today's Travel Monday takes us back to December last year. Luke and I love to visit Paris at Christmas & this wasn't our first time in Paris. Since our first visit we completely fell in love. On this trip touching a real human skull was definitely one of the highlights...










Waffles at the Eifell Tower

The Louvre

Mona Lisa 
Laduree on Champs Elysees 

Market Stalls on Champs Elysees




Love Lock Bridge at Notre Dame
Notre Dame
Inside Notre Dame

Moulin Rouge



Catacombs of Paris

Bridge from 'Inception'

I hope you made it to the bottom of the post as it was rather photo heavy! We were in Paris for four days. Paris at Christmas time is amazing. The weather was perfect; sunny but a mild temperature. The whole atmosphere of the city is beautiful. The Christmas markets were the main attraction for us. Champs Elysees is a long strip stretching from the Arch de Triomphe to the Louvre. It's full of shops like Zara Home, H&M, Sephora and even more up market stores like Louis Vuitton. Further down that strip you will find all of the christmas market stalls. The stalls sell everything and anything under the sun; food, trinkets, gifts, alcohol etc. etc. (the mulled wine was delish!). There's even an ice rink there. A few of the other highlights for us were going up the Eiffel Tower (got to be done), Moulin Rouge, Sacre Cour, Notre Dame, The Louvre and The Catacombs. As always I've made a list of must do's etc below...

Must Do's
  • Take a trip up the Eiffel Tower (great views of the city)
  • Visit Sacre Cour
  • Buy a crepe/waffle from a street vendor near the Eiffel Tower
  • Watch the Eiffel Tower sparkle at night (every hour on the hour from dusk till around 1AM)
  • Visit Champs Elysees (take a trip to the Champs Elysees xmas market if visiting in winter)
  • Notre Dame
  • The Louvre
  • The Catacombs (This was one of our favourites; so good!)
Optional
  • Centre Pompidou
  • Disneyland Paris
  • Have lunch at Le Coq (AMAZING restaurant near Eiffel Tower)
  • Musse d'Orsay
  • Saint-Germain
  • Take a cruise down the River Seine
Tips
  • Visit the Eiffel Tower at night. I know this is considered a major touristy spot however there's just something about the area around the Eiffel Tower which is amazing at night. With the sparkling lights of the tower and all the different food vendors offering crazy good food the atmosphere is electric. Luke & I particularly enjoyed sitting around the marbled area facing the Eiffel Tower with a crepe at night.
  • Don't forget your student card. If you visit The Louvre and you're a student aged under 25 you get in for free. We didn't realise this the first time we went and stupidly paid around 12 each to get in, so don't forget your ID.
  • There's a lot more to Paris than Disneyland. As you can see above I've listed Disneyland as an optional attraction when visiting Paris. Disneyland Paris is amazing! However, it's situated out of the city and it's quite a long journey by metro to get too and with the two parks (Magic Kingdom & Hollywood Studios) a visit there takes up a full day. Paris has so much more to offer than Disneyland as we found out on our 2nd visit so if you're just there for the weekend and want to see as much of Paris as possible then you may want to consider prioritising what you want to see to get the most out of your trip.
I hope you enjoyed reading this post and it was of some use if you're planning a trip to Paris. We vlogged this trip and you can watch our Paris vlog by clicking here.

Have you been to Paris? If so are there any places that you'd recommend visiting?




21 comments

  1. This is such a cute post. Your pictures of Paris are beautiful. :)
    emmasbeginning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to Paris or France for that matter but Its my dream as stereotypical as that sounds.Your photos are beautiful xx
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wouldn't be disappointed Elizabeth, one of my most favorite cities! xx

      Delete
  3. Your pics are always so gorgeous Emma. I know I say it every single Monday but it's true! :)

    And I love that you went to one of the most romantic cities in the world and your highlight is touching a human skull hahahaha! xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle & Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks Katy! :) hahah I know!! It was pretty sureal though! xx

      Delete
  4. I loved Paris, your photos have made me want to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm MAJORLY hinting to Simon that I'd quite like to go to Paris next year, I think he's started to get fed up of me going on about it now though :s I went a few years ago with a friend and I'd love to go back!

    I really want to find some time to sit down and catch up with some of your old travel vlogs, I'll have to set aside some time one weekend to sit down with a cuppa (and some biscuits) for a good watch! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. you need to get him told Chloe! haha, no more hinting! you would love it. The old travel vlogs are a bit shaky as I was just learning with video editing - but yeah give them a watch see what you think! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing photos, I'm so jealous right now!!! I've been planning a little trip to Paris sometime in the next year so your post definitely helped me out a lot, thank you! x

    Chantalle
    ceceandgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could be of some help :) xx

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous pictures, I would love to visit Paris one day!
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post! I love Paris so much, I really want to go back some time :) xx

    http://www.suzyheartsbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG!!! After reading this I am unbelievably excited about Paris (its nearly here! eeek!). Thanks so much for this post...I can't wait to share stories with you on my return. Do you wanna come and take my photos for me? hehe!

    Lovely post honey xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait for you to explore it!! your going to LOVE it Kayleigh! so glad you liked the post, oh I'm quite happy to sneak in your suitcase and be your personal photographer ha! I miss it loads xx

      Delete
    2. Ha I wish I could take you ;) I might just stay there ha! If only...ha! Xx

      Delete
  11. I absolutely loved this post! I can honestly say I am 100% in love with your photography! Xx

    http://kelbyktennison.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete