Travel Mondays | Los Angeles

7.7.14

Today's Travel Monday is one of my favourites yet, I think I left my heart in LA. As I said in my previous San Francisco post I thought I would prefer San Francisco to LA but it was the complete opposite way round for me. Prepare for photo overload...


































I don't really know where to start with LA. It's an amazing city. I can honestly say I would live there I liked it that much. As hipster/pretentious as it may sound have you ever just clicked with a city and felt at home? That was me in LA. First off it was not what I expected at all, I didn't think there would be much there to do to be honest, I thought that going to Universal Studios would be the highlight of my trip. Oh how wrong I was. LA had so much more to offer.

I loved the atmosphere of LA there was a really cool old cinematic feel to the place from the buildings to the graffiti'd streets and from the restaurants to the beaches. I wont reel off everything that I loved as we will be here all day (I have made a concise list below) but one thing I will mention is my favourite place from the whole trip... I feel like it needs a little more 'in-depthness'... Venice Beach! I know LA and the surrounding area is well known for its beaches but Venice Beach is probably the coolest place I've ever visited. It's a HUGE beach with restaurants, skate shops, tattoo parlours, international stripper dogs (quote the photo above), surfers, live music, street dancers and even marijuana doctors (if that's up your street ha!) It's just an absolutely buzzing place, the atmosphere there is amazing. It's definitely a MUST do when in LA.

Must do's
  • Visit the Hollywood sign 
  • The Hollywood Homes Tour
  • Universal Studios
  • Hollywood Walk of Fame
  • Venice Beach
  • Santa Monica Beach & Pier
  • In N Out Burger!
  • Rodeo Drive

Optional 
  • The Griffith Observatory
  • Watch a film at a Hollywood Cinema
  • Visit the souvenir shops at Hollywood Walk of Fame
  • Walk the Hollywood Hills
Tips
  • Beware of crazy wildlife in Hollywood Hills. On our last night in Hollywood Luke and I decided to take a leisurely stroll around the Hollywood hills, we however noticed a lot of signs in relation to the animals around there, so if you decide to do this be careful! Apparently, not that we saw anything, the hills surrounding the Hollywood Sign are populated by rattle snakes and mountain lions! HA! We had no idea! It kind of hit home when we stopped by a sign that told us the location of the only house in the hills that had access to anti-venom. So if you do decide to take a stroll around the hills be careful.
  • Driving is cray. As you may know if you read my blog regularly this was the fourth and last stop on our US West Coast road trip, we hired a car when touring around. Before LA we had drove around Las Vegas, San Francisco and Yosemite. Although the hilly roads in central San Francisco were pretty daunting we'd never encountered driving like we did in LA! Traffic was constantly busy! And we found that drivers in LA are extremely impatient, we'd be sitting at a traffic light and within 0.5 seconds of the light turning green the driver behind would start tooting their horn to tell us to go. If you do hire a car just take it easy and don't be put off by impatient motorists!
I hope you enjoy this post and it's of some use if you're thinking about visiting LA. You can watch our vlogs from LA by clicking here.

Thanks for reading! :)




10 comments

  1. Love this. I reeeally want to go to LA!

    Your pics are gorgeous Emma. Any chance of a tutorial on how you get that vintage-y feel to them?? xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle & Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katy! I'll add it to my blog ideas notebook! :) xx

      Delete
  2. I really want to go to LA right now!
    It sounds like a lot of fun :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely need too Isabel! :) xx

      Delete
  3. This looks AMAZING!!! I love LA and can't wait to go back there.
    Your photos look amazing by the way, what camera did you takes these on?

    Beth x
    TheBritishGirl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I took these on my old Nikon D60 xx

      Delete
  4. These photos are amazing and just make me want to go LA even more! Hope you had a great time!

    Malika xx

    malikachady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Venice Beach was your favorite!! So many people go to LA and just go to Hollywood and they don't see what the rest of LA has to offer. I love the way your pictures look! I can't get over how well you capture every place you go to! Also, how did you feel about In-n-Out?

    xo
    MissAnnaRebecka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah thank you! I'm really glad you liked them :) OH-M-GEE in and out was amazing! so yummy! xxx

      Delete