Travel Mondays | Amsterdam

21.7.14
Amsterdam Travel Trip Tips

Today's Travel Monday takes a look back to our trip to Amsterdam in November 2013. After seeing The Fault In Our Stars recently I am desperate to go back...

You may notice that above my pictures are collaged rather than how I usually present them. It's because they are screen shots from a travel vlog I did whilst we were there, as I was vlogging all day I didn't get to take many pictures. I loved Amsterdam, we took the ferry over from South Shields, the ferry was one of the best parts for me, we had such a laugh. It took roughly 15 hrs to get there so it is lengthy but worth it. 


Upon arrival to Amsterdam we took the bus into the town and explored the shops. I loved the architecture over there, it didn't feel at all how I expected it too, it's such a pretty city! It was perfect weather for November too, really sunny.

When we arrived into the city we browsed the many shops and paid a visit to one of the famous Bulldog Cafe's before strolling along the canal. We also had probably the best chocolate waffles I've ever tasted...so good! We then took a stroll around the Red Light District (interesting) and went to the Sex Museum.

We were only in Amsterdam for the day, well actually only about 8 hours. So obviously there was a lot of things that we didn't get to do. I will most definitely be going back and when I do I'd really like to explore the windy streets and take a boat ride along one of the canals along with visiting the shopping plazas and museums, I really want to visit the Anne Frank Museum too. So due to the short period of time we spent in Amsterdam I don't really have any travel tips as such but hopefully the vlog might be of some interest if you're considering a trip to Amsterdam.

Overall Amsterdam was short but sweet and definitely a place I would love to visit again. Have you visited Amsterdam? If so are there any places you'd recommend for when I return?

Thanks for reading!

4 comments

  1. Your vlog has made me even more keen to visit Amsterdam! It looks amazing.

    chloesthoughtss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chloe :) glad you enjoyed it xx

      Delete
  2. I've only been there once with my parents as a child and I'm desperate to go back!

    gyudynotesofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete