Chilli Festival

8.7.14

Another lifestyle post - I like posting these kind of things as it's something a little different to seeing beauty related posts. I'm also partial to being a bit of a David Bailey wanna be and love to take my camera along on little day trips. Today's post is on the North East Chilli Festival...

















Yesterday Luke and I attended the Chili Festival, it was held at Delaval Hall in Tyne and Wear. It was a really sunny day so it was perfect weather for a few cocktails and a look around. I LOVE spicy things so a Chili Festival is right up my street. Luke's got much better with spice over the years. When we first met he couldn't tolerate it at all - now I've persuaded him to try all kinds (including picking up a nuclear Naga chili plant to put in our cooking!) There were food stalls, beer tents and a chili eating competition. There was also live music and steel drums which was really cool. It was a really big event I didn't realise there would be so many people. For lunch I had a Lebanese chicken flat bread with a spicy sauce, the man offered it to me for free as he was closing up and said he was in a good mood! I was over the moon! So thank you so much to 'Pappa Ganoush' saved myself £5.00 and it was really delicious! After looking around and making a few purchases it was boiling so we sunbathed on the grass for a bit. Lovely day out. It's there every year so if you missed it make sure to get your self down next time!


9 comments

  1. This looks like a really nice day out! I'm definitely going to try and go next year, food festivals are always a lot of fun.

    Really lovely photography too, you have a really nice aesthetic :) And chilli lemonade sounds like something I really need to try!

    Hazel Jane x
    hazeljane.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! pleased you like it :) I was to scared to try the chili lemonade ha! xx

      Delete
  2. Woooo!! Doing my "yay you've done another lifestyle post" dance :p

    I didn't know anything about this, although I'm not really a fan of chilli so probably wasn't missing out. I'm so bad with spicy food although I have grown to love mild sweet chilli sauce so that's a small step in the right direction :D

    Chloe x
    newgirlintoon.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might be a convert like Luke though Chloe, he used to hate chili and I've won him round! you will have to give it a go next time :) xx

      Delete
  3. I HAVE THESE SHOES AND THEY ACTUALLY TORE MY FEET APART. They are devils, but they look so good...
    lovely post :) xxx

    thevelvetwonder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I feel your pain! I also got HUGE blisters from them :( Im just trying to grin and bare it, hopefully they will get comfy once they are worn in a little. Thanks! :) xx

      Delete
  4. I love cute little food festivals like these. I went to a cheese festival last year haha! Hope you had fun! :)
    Han xx

    hannahishrh.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really nice day! :) ooh where was the cheese festival Hannah? I love those kind of things! xx

      Delete
  5. Love the shoes

    http://doinglifemyway.com

    ReplyDelete