Travel Mondays | Yosemite National Park

30.6.14

This week's Travel Monday is dedicated to our trip to Yosemite National Park. This was the third stop on our US West Coast trip last summer. Yosemite was so beautiful and was a refreshing change from all the busy cities that we'd visited over the previous 10 days..
















We travelled by car from San Francisco and headed up to Yosemite for the day. We took a tour and had lunch there then headed back for San Francisco later in the day, therefore this Travel Monday might not be in my usual format as due to the little time we spent there I don't have a massive amount of do's and don'ts and tips. However if I went back I would definitely stay within the park and explore it properly, it was AMAZING! 

It was around a 4 hour drive from San Francisco to Yosemite, we set off early and got there around midday. We had pre-booked one of the tour's before we got there; we went on the 'Valley Floor Tour', this tour was around 90 minutes and I'd definitely recommend it. We got to see all the main spots and sights like El Capitan and the various waterfalls, stopping off at various spots to take in the views and take some of the most amazing photos I've ever taken. The tour guide was really interesting to listen too as well and had lived within the park for years so it was nice to hear her stories. After the tour we went to the Curry Village Cafe and had lunch among the squirrels and birds - so cool! Although I was slightly disappointed we didn't spot any bears.

Again as I said previously because our time at Yosemite was short I don't have a detailed and extensive list of must-do's and tips. One main tip that I will offer though is to try and spend as much time as possible there. We thought a day trip from San Francisco would be enough but we fell in love with the park so much we wanted to stay. We passed all the tents and caravans and I thought about how amazing it would be to sleep under the stars. I think if you stayed there for a few days you'd really be able to get to a proper feel for the place by going on your own little treks and explorations through the park.

You can click here to watch our YouTube vlog from Yosemite.

(All photos above were taken by myself. Please do not use them without asking for permission. You can read a full disclaimer by clicking here)


14 comments

  1. Loved this post :) This would be a beautiful place to visit :) x x
    http://lauren-loves-paris.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yosemite National Park looked amazing! I am so glad you thought it was fun, I have always wanted to go! Maybe if you visit again you will sleep under the stars :)
    emmasbeginning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I hope to go back some day! xx

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous photos. It looks like an amazing place!
    Laura x FloraLoo Two

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember watching your vlog of this, looks unbelievable beautiful there

    Hannah xo | hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah glad you watched the vlog too! thanks! :) xx

      Delete
  5. You make me want to go there! The photographs are absolutely gorgeous... xx

    http://trend-mae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really captured the spirit of the place! I live about an hour away from Yosemite; it is a place I always bring visitors to. You are right though, if you go, you HAVE to camp. The hotels up there are incredibly overpriced! It is a beautiful place and if you want the hardest climb of your life, you have to climb half dome!
    Anyway amazing photos and I loved your post.
    xo
    MissAnnaRebecka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna, I'm really glad you think I captured the spirit of it well considering you live so close! so lucky, I think I would be there everyday if I lived that close haha! I would love to climb half dome, I've heard the training to do it is insane though. I seen some climbers when we where there, so scary but so cool! xx

      Delete
  7. Yosemite looks absolutely amazing and I definitely HAVE to visit it in my lifetime! Gorgeous pictures. xx

    Kat from Blushing Rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautifull! wich camera do you have?

    ReplyDelete