Pamper Time

25.6.14

My skin felt it needed a little pampering. I just wanted a night reading my book with my candles burning, a hair in a pineapple and a nice face mask on. I had been shopping round for quite a while for a good face mask that I could use weekly...

Are you ready for some mask action?

 (Bear in mind this is my attempted smile face as I couldn't move my face, the mask set rock solid!)



So, my thoughts on this mask...

 Whilst on my hunt for one I came across this in the Body Shop it is the 'Algues' mask; it's a seaweed clay mask that helps get rid of impurities and helps balance oily skin. You may have seen on a recent YouTube video about my skin (here) I have extreme combination skin; very oily and dry at the same time so I'm always a little apprehensive of products that claim to get rid of oil as they may leave my dry areas worse for wear. 

This worked wonders! As you can see from the first image of my face (looking delightfully startled), when first applied it appears cold and soothing and has a smell of fresh 'zestyness', it then dried completely. I left it on for about 10 mins then washed off using warm water. My skin felt so fresh without being too stripped and it didn't make my dryness any worse. Really happy I picked this up. They do offer a few different masks for different skin types, the lady I was speaking to in the Body Shop told me they also sell a very popular one which is sold out at the moment containing honey and oats! I might have to give that one a go next.

Are there any face masks you like & would recommend? Let me know below, I love trying out new masks :)


3 comments

  1. I really like the Tea Tree one from the Body Shop, it sounds really similar and is great for oily skin. If you don't like the smell of tea tree though, you could hate this as it pretty much makes my eyes water ha!
    Bea x
    As Seen By Bea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I need to give the Tea Tree range a go, I've heard lots of good things about it :) xx

      Delete
  2. I love this range. I remember reading a review on the scrub and went to TBS to purchase it and came out with the scrub plus the mask, toner and another face cleanser! I;ve repurchased a few times, but have recently stepped into the Tea Tree collection, which is going ok so far.
    I was always unsure of the thought of the 'seaweed' smell, but it's actually quite nice. The toner is amazing! Leaves your skin so clean and fresh!

    caroline.x
    notesfromcaroline.com

    ReplyDelete