Chicken Coop

26.6.14

Yesterday Luke and I had a little date night as we do most weeks on his days off. I like reading a good lifestyle post on people's blogs to find new restaurants and little finds. We actually unintentionally came across the Chicken Coop whilst we were in town..















We were in the mood for a Nando's type meal but fancied something a little different. Chicken Coop was just across the road from Revolution Bar. The interior is done out beautifully with wooden panelling and neon lights. 

Moving on to the food; the meal was SO SO nice. We ordered a whole chicken to share with homemade slaw, fries with skins on and courgette and Halloumi cheese in a mint yoghurt sauce. You were able to choose a sauce shot to pour over the chicken, we chose the Chilli Pepper Pete's Naga Sauce. It was lovely and spicy; I love spice but if you can majorly handle your spice they do a sauce called 'Chilli Pepper Petes Mega Hot Sauce' which you need to sign a disclaimer to eat! Ha! I totaly chickened out of going that hot but maybe next time. If you're not into spice though they do do milder sauces as well. The staff were really nice and welcoming, the restaurant has only been there since January this year and it was packed with people. I think this will be our new chicken place.

Afterwards we decided to take a trip to the fair for a laugh. It was really funny reminiscing as we used to go all the time when we were younger.

6 comments

  1. I love your pictures from the fair. I get excited when i stumble on to places like the chicken coop its like finding a little gem that was left for you as a surprise or something haha! :)
    emmasbeginnig.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou! It is isn't it total little gem! haha :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've beaten me to Chicken Coop .... jealous! We had a little wander round the Hoppings on Saturday but arrived a little too early, it was just after lunch and they were just setting things up and nothing was really running. We ended up just buying some sweets and just taking a look. I was so surprised at how huge it is! I'll have to make sure I do it properly next year! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chloe you need to get to chicken Coop ASAP! its so damn good. You should do the hoppings still I think they are on for another few days if you get a chance, its got a good atmosphere at night! xx

      Delete
  4. Aaaaaaand now I'm hungry. By the way I laughed at this - "I totally chickened out of going that hot" ... hee hee, chickened out, Chicken Coop, teeehehe!

    Kirsten | kirstenlearns.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha you see what I did there ;) xx

      Delete