Travel Mondays | NYC

19.5.14


Times Square



Top of Empire State Building




Random graffiti


Wall St.


Natural History Museum







Boat trip to Statue Of Liberty



Street view of Chrysler


Central Park










Walking to Wicked broadway show




911 Memorial


Helicopter ride 





Rockefeller Centre ice rink


China Town




Carrie Bradshaw's apartment


Close up of Chrysler


Grand Central Station 



New York Public Library


Brooklyn Bridge



Naked Cowboy Times Sq.


Well congrats if you managed to make it to the end of this blog post! I hold my hands up this was a HUGE post with probably way too many pictures. But when you're a David Bailey wanna be like me when I travel I tend to take thousands of photos, so considering i've narrowed it down to 40 odd is quite good :) I was using my old Nikon SLR at the time so the quality isn't as good as my current camera, but I still love to look back on them all.

I've been wanting to update the Travel category on my blog for quite a while now. Luke and I have been lots of places in the last few years and i've never done a blog post on each place. I've decided it's time. I now have 10 blog posts lined up which I will be posting once a week every Monday from now on - So make sure to check back for those. 

We visited New York in April 2012, one of our first travel adventures. I think the pictures tell most of the story so I wont go into great detail, but New York is one of my most favourite places. It has everything you could want in a city. All of the above pictures show some of the most iconic places we visited. I would highly recommend them all. We had a pretty hectic jam packed itinerary to get everything done but it was SO worth it. We used to get up at 6am and sometimes not go to bed till 2am. 

If you like the look of our pictures I made a list of things that we would class as must do's when in NYC. Obviously they are just suggestions so may not be up everyone's street, but they are just things we enjoyed the most.

Must do's

  • Times Sq.
  • Empire State Building - we went in the morning for best views
  • Brooklyn Bridge - at sunset
  • Rockefeller Centre - at night
  • Grand Central Station
  • China Town
  • 911 Memorial
  • Natural History Museum
  • Central Park 
  • Chrysler Building 
  • New York Public Library


Optional 
  • Carrie Bradshaw's Apartment on Perry St. (if you're a SATC fan)
  • Wicked broadway show 
  • Helicopter ride over the city


Tips

  • We travelled everywhere by subway purchasing a weekly pass for $30 - the subway system is so handy and very easy to use.


  • Try not to eat out on Times Sq. The restaurants are SO expensive and the food isn't half as good as some of the little backstreet restaurants in NYC. Same goes for souvenir shops - Times Sq. souvenirs are likely to be around three times the price as say a souvenir in china town.


  • Be careful late at night. I came across a woman high on drugs in McDonalds toilets on Times Sq. who was pretending to be a cleaner asking for money (cray).


  • Keep your belongings safe. I wore an over the shoulder bag with a zip and a button so that pick pockets couldn't access it easily. 


  • Take LOTS of pictures, and take time to appreciate the city. Sometimes you're so busy being a tourist you forget to take a step back and take it all in. I wish I had done that more.



To be honest there was no specific 'don'ts list', when you're in New York everything is amazing.
I LOVE America! 

I hope you enjoyed this post, thanks for reading! :)

(All of the pictures on this trip where taken by me, Please do not use without permission, You can read my full Disclaimer for more info)



FIND ME | YOUTUBE TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | BLOGLOVIN'' |


1 comment

  1. I'm going to New York in October for the first time and this has just got me so excited! :) xxx

    Fran's Beauty Blog.

    ReplyDelete