May Birchbox

25.5.14






Today my much awaited first ever Birchbox parcel arrived woooo! I eventually decided to sign up after much humming and haring on wether to choose Glossybox or Birchbox - more people recommended Birchbox to me so I decided to give it a go. 

Oh boy I'm glad I did. I think the whole idea that there is a beautifully packaged little surprise for yourself once a month is a must have treat. It was like a mini Christmas when it arrived (if you also love beauty products like me you will more than likely understand my intense enthusiasm). 

This month's collaboration was with Harper's Bazaar - hence the pretty box. Upon opening you get a booklet and a gorgeous little canvas drawstring bag which I think will be great for keeping jewelry in when traveling. I then opened the bag to reveal 5 beauty products (all listed in picture above).

 I like that Birchbox gives you a chance to try mini things before you purchase the full size. For instance, I love Liz Earle but I probably wouldn't have purchased the cleanse and polish (with a Muslin cloth) before trying it first. I tried it on my face last night and it's just WOW, I am now definitely considering buying the full size. This probably isn't going to be very good for my bank balance as I can see me wanting more of everything I use ha! But it's not all samples; you also receive full size products too. This months full sizer was a Soigné nail polish in the colour 'Pomegranate'. 

I would highly recommend Birchbox and I can't wait for my next one. I can't really understand how they manage to give away all of those items for £12.95 a month, considering the full size nail varnish in this package was worth £11.00. Overall, great value for money and there was nothing I felt I wouldn't use. My Faves this month was the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Cleanser & the Benefit 'They're Real' mascara.

 Have you tried Birchbox or Glossy box? Which do you prefer?

3 comments

  1. I get birchbox and this months is the best I've ever had, it's going to be my next post! I love the protect shampoo and conditioner! Haven't tried the Liz Earle yet. Enjoy it :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great wasn't it ! I was so impressed with it! its my first ever box - Cant wait for more :) I will have to try the Shampoo and conditioner xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHY can't we get these in Australia :'(

    ALVISSIA

    ReplyDelete