Cant Help My Selfie

23.5.14





 











 








Last night fellow bloggers and I attended 'FCUK 's Can't Help My Selfie Event', I met Amy Before hand (Her blog at floatylemon.com) and we headed in. It was held in the Newcastle store. Upon arrival we met some other lovely bloggers then we were told to pick out an outfit to wear for the night. We wandered round and eventually found something. There were lots of nice things. I chose a plain striped top (as I'm loving stripes at the mo) and Amy chose a grey top edged with yellow. We were also offered a fruity drink (which I think was Kopparberg or something along those lines) and some delicious duck and crab canapés. 

After gassing for a while we then went upstairs to have our hair and makeup done. Regis Hair Salon and Benefit Cosmetics were on hand to make us over. You could have any style you wanted at the make shift salon - I just opted for waves. Then at the makeup station, unbelievably a friend I know called Charlotte was there! She was totally rushed off her feet so she didn't get to do my makeup but her lovely friend Sarah did, we had a good chat and she gave me her card. I just opted for a refresh of my foundation and a bit of blush (which she did gorgeously, now I really want 'Coralista' blush) I love Benefit Cosmetics! 

Eventually we were all ready for the 'selfie station'. We headed over to a booth and were given a mobile phone to take them on. It was so funny we didn't have a clue what to do, we were like shall we just smile or what? Ha! We opted for smiles, generic duck faces and a tongue pose, very attractive! You could take a maximum of 10 selfies then choose 3 that would be displayed in FCUK Newcastle's windows! The selfies can be voted for - the person who's selfie gets the most votes wins a prize of £1000. You can vote for us on the website here or if you go to Newcastle all you have to do is touch our photo in French Connection's window display! 

Overall we had a good laugh and I really enjoyed the night, as we left we were given a goodie bag too! Enjoyed catching up with everyone.

Thanks to FCUK and all the hair and makeup people!


FIND ME | YOUTUBE TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | BLOGLOVIN'' |

11 comments

  1. Sounds amazing :) must have been lovely getting pampered for the night!
    Bea x
    Bea's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh that sounds like such a fun evening! I love me a good selfie xx

    Katy | www.littlemisskaty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like such an amazing event! You both look fantastic and I have voted for you (:

    Hannas’ UK Beauty | Lifestyle blog @ hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds amaze balls. You got some lovely things! :)

    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so much fun :) thanks for putting my mugshot on your blog haha ;) lovely post!

    K xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eee I think you look lovely on it! I thought it would be good to capture your first makeover :) xxx

      Delete
    2. Awww thank you hun :) I really enjoyed it! I love the picture of you and Amy, gorgeous girlies :) xxx

      Delete
  6. I'm loving seeing everyone's selfies from the event but I am so sad I couldn't make it cos it looks so fun! Can't believe you all got to play dress up whilst I was flying off to Bristol :( Booooo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ino such a shame you weren't there Chloe, hopefully we can all catch up at the next event :) xx

      Delete