Bioderma Vs Garnier

29.5.14


Today I wanted to review two products. I thought it might be good to do a product vs product review. There has been lots of hype around 'Micellar Water Cleansers', If you haven't heard of  Micellar cleanser, they are really easy 'water' consistency cleansers that you add to a cotton pad and with a few strokes takes your makeup off. There's no need for washing or rinsing afterwards. The two I'm going to be comparing are Bioderma and Garnier Cleansing Water. 


Bioderma Sensibio


 Firstly I picked up Bioderma H20 Micellar Water when I was in Paris (mainly because it's a lot cheaper in pharmacies over there). I picked up Sensibo H20 which is for normal to dry skin. They also do Hydrabio H20 for skin sensitivity and dehydration and Sebium H20 for combination/oily skin. It comes in three sizes 100ml, 250ml and 500ml, I currently have the 250ml. This is nearly empty now but has lasted me quite a long time. It removes my makeup really quickly and is definitely a minimal effort product. It has no fragrance and can be used on the eye area and also removes water proof mascara. When I first picked up this product I was worried it would leave my skin feeling tacky/greasy (like the Loreal cleanser) however it did not at all, it left my skin feeling super soft and clean with no left over makeup residue.


Garnier Cleansing Water

Moving on to my vs product; Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. This Bioderma dupe has recently arrived on the market available in a 400ml bottle. I was skeptical that anything could live up to Bioderma after being converted now for so long however I was very much proven wrong. I love this product. Again it is fragrance free and can be used on the eye area and also removes water proof mascara. It doesn't make my skin feel tacky or greasy and removes makeup effortlessly.

Put To The Test 

I didn't know whether this was gross or wether it's just good proof that these cleansers do work really well to get your makeup off. I've included a picture of the remnants of last night's face. I thought this would give a good indication as to which worked best - I used Bioderma on the left side and Garnier on the right. As you can see on the Garnier cotton pads there seems to be more makeup on this one, I'm not sure if it's because I'm psychologically not worried about wasting the product so I end up using more (because it's cheaper than bioderma) or maybe I wore more makeup on that side of my face. Weird! I found both of them removed everything but maybe the Bioderma removed it with a less amount of cotton pads (I feel like I'm in a science class looking at a Petra dish and analyzing my results haha).

*GROSS PICTURE ALERT!* 



My verdict?

I feel both of these products are amazing at removing my makeup and to be honest if they were in two un-labelled bottles I would probably struggle to tell a difference. If I HAD to choose I suppose I would say Garnier Cleansing water because it's really effective and a fraction of the price ( Bioderma is £14.50 for a 500ml bottle, whilst Garnier is £4.99 for 400ml ). I generally have no problem with the price of Bioderma as I don't mind splurging when it comes to my skin care but I feel you are getting almost an identical product for almost £10.00 less! There's really no reason not to buy this as an alternative in my opinion, not to mention it's SO much easier to get a hold of than Bioderma. However In my opinion these are both great products.

What do you think of these cleansers? Do you have a preference?

3 comments

  1. I need to try these heard so many good things, thanks for posting :) xx
    Please do come check out my Mac Giveaway - http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review x

    pearlsandsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete