Colour Burst MOTD

29.4.14



Today I wanted to post a Makeup Of The Day as I added two changes to my usual makeup routine. I fancied a bright lip and eye liner look as the weather was rather pleasant this morning and  I decided to wear my new summer dress. I've been wearing more and more bright lip colours lately as I've been stocking up on summery holiday type makeup - especially orangey colours. I love orange lip colours as I think they really compliment tanned skin...

On my lips is Revlon Colour Burst lip balm In the shade 235 Mischievous for £7.99. You may have seen in a previous blog post that these lip balms aren't rare in my makeup bag, I have at least five of them now and I love them, they smell gorgeous with a hint of mint and glide onto lips effortlessly with a matte finish. I wanted an orangey lip colour that was more of a pale orange rather than having reddy tones in it, this is just perfect, would highly recommend them. 

Secondly, you may also notice I have been digging green eye liner! This is the Stilla eye liner in the colour 'Electric' purchased for £14.00 This is a rarity for me as I tend to avoid bright eye colours. I find they always make my eyes look sore and tired, however I thought a little bit of subtle eyeliner underneath the eye complimented my dress nicley. It stays all day and being a liquid liner means it doesn't smudge.

The rest of my makeup is pretty much my usual routine, I just wanted to mainly highlight the bright colours on the lip and eye, you can find the other products I used below: 

Face: Nars Sheer Glow Foundation - Fiji
Powder: Mac Mineralize Skin Finish - Medium
Blush: Estee Lauder Blush - Whitty peach
Eye Brows: Gosh Long Lasting Brow Pen - Mahogany
Mascarra: Maybelline The Falsies
Eye Liner: Bourjous Long Lasting Liquid Liner
Eye Shadow: Maybeilline Colour Tatoo - And On Bronze
Green Eye liner: Stilla Sparkle Eyeliner - Electric 
Lip: Revlon Colour Burst Lip Balm - Mischievous

I hope you enjoyed this makeup of the day. 
Comment down below if there are any orangey toned lip products / bright eyeliners you would recommend?
 What do you think of an orange lip? 

Find me -  | Youtube | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Bloglovin' | 

8 comments

  1. Looks gorgeous on you x

    pearlsandsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this make up look!
    It's so nice!

    Laura- DemandBeauty xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the lip colour! Really suits you. And the green eyeliner is lush too! x

    www.dizzymisselizabeth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete