Bedroom Makeover

27.3.14


So.. If you follow my blog you may know that i've been making over my bedroom. The wall colour I chose was 5 years ago and ever since having it done I regretted it; hence why I tried to distract it with travel photos. First of all I hate pink/purple and second of all it completely darkened my room. I wanted a more mature, sophisticated, minimal style. I studied interior design at university so I love to do projects like this, especially when it's for myself.

First of all we started off with the biggest task; covering the pink! As I wanted all white walls it took us 4 coats to cover it. 





Tea break - Literally watching paint dry all over us and on the walls ha!


Hours later after being covered in paint and exhausted we finally finished. When it all dried we took a trip to Ikea. I love Ikea, I know as an interior design student that I shouldn't, but it's my guilty pleasure. I don't necessarily think I'd buy large items of furniture from there (mainly because I'm rubbish at self assembly furniture) but for the odd accessory or two I think it does the job nicely.



The new space is much more bright and airy, i've photographed below the bedroom and close ups of some accessories. There is a mix of mainly Ikea, Zara Home and Home Sense amongst other things. It would take me years to list everything in my room so if you would like to know where I bought anything just let me know in the comments :)



Clothes Rail

I decided to go for a rail to display all of my favourite items of clothing. I also got some lovely white wire hangers to display them all.




Mirror

I finally have a full length mirror yayyyyyy. I'm so happy I don't have to go into my mam & dad's room to see my outfits, it also helps to bounce light around my room.





Organisation

I thought it's about time I got myself some boxes to organise all of my crap. You couldn't necessarily see on the original photograph of my bedroom, but my drawers were bursting with things. I bought two boxes to store my hair care and makeup in, they fit just nicely underneath the rail.




Accessories

I LOVE accessorising a bedroom, it's my favourite part to the design, I photographed my favourites. I think the little bits and bobs complete the room. My favourite thing being the cacti, I love these little guys! They're so cute. 






I hope you enjoyed this post.
 I'm so happy to finally have my bedroom the way I want it.


9 comments

  1. Oooh, it's so bright and pretty! I love it! I really need to redecorate my room as well.

    Danielle
    Smitten with Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is unbelievably beautiful! I want your room!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Emma I love it! Especially the fairy lights and the shelf above your bed.

    -Becci

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love the minimalist look - I've recently done it myself :) xx

    www.ohhellomango.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. O Emma I love the style of your room! Where did you get the chair & fur? xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so much bigger and better now! It's lovely, I love Paris. Where did you buy all of those frames in the shelf? Thankss

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi This is fantastic and is a legitimate good post . I think it will assist me a lot inside the related stuff and is significantly useful for me.Wonderfully written I appreciate & must say good job.. office cubicles in Jacksonville

    ReplyDelete